Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

Drew. How do you think the pickings at the Stars Sale will be on Sunday? Worth an hour drive? Looking for protective, gloves mostly.

Yeah pretty sure they had some. All black with a thin red stripe down the side, right? They had a big selection of pants. Also saw Chops gloves and bags.

Anybody pick up and xl iowa chop pants?

Drew. How do you think the pickings at the Stars Sale will be on Sunday? Worth an hour drive? Looking for protective, gloves mostly.

Lots of stuff, but you'll need to camp out if you want a good selection.

Lots of stuff, but you'll need to camp out if you want a good selection.

OK so would I need to camp Friday night? Because I am not a season ticket holder.

i went to the ducks sale.

picked up 6 S19's and 1 dolomite, pair of new warrior gloves (like the others listed on ebay) and a pair of new 4 roll eastons (pahlssons) the eastons looked a little different, they have a shiny black outline on the top of the gloves.

BTW i went 2 times thus the 8 items.

dang, if he really got $180 for those, i am not sure if i want to keep my warriors anymore. thats a good chunk of money to pass up on.

like others said, they had a ton of gloves and sticks, not a lot of skates. The skates are always far and away the best deal. $25 for used skates, saw a guy who had a pair of S17's.

the 5 item limit was good. I got there (with wristband) around 615, got 4 s19's and the warriors and left. Went back with a buddy of of mine at 830, in which they still were controlling the line letting people in. Got in there, they still had probably 150-200 sticks lefts and i picked up the Easton's, s19's and dolomite.

^^^

lefty or righty?

I think I remember somebody walking out with a bundle of S19s. Must have been you.

I think there was still a new pair of U+ skates when I got in (around 8).

the 5 item limit was good. I got there (with wristband) around 615, got 4 s19's and the warriors and left. Went back with a buddy of of mine at 830, in which they still were controlling the line letting people in. Got in there, they still had probably 150-200 sticks lefts and i picked up the Easton's, s19's and dolomite.

I saw a pic of the stick area at the Duck's sale and man o' man that is a lot of stock on sticks. When i went to the Leafs sale this past December it was nothing close to that.

Are the year-end sales expected to be like the Duck's had when it comes to sticks, and perhaps other equipment? Or are the Ducks just above and beyond?

Im hoping toronto will have that many, but doubt it with the sale being in their locker room.

Anyone from Ottawa know if the Sens are having one before next season? The habs sale is the one I really want to go to though

I saw a pic of the stick area at the Duck's sale and man o' man that is a lot of stock on sticks. When i went to the Leafs sale this past December it was nothing close to that.

Are the year-end sales expected to be like the Duck's had when it comes to sticks, and perhaps other equipment? Or are the Ducks just above and beyond?

Im hoping toronto will have that many, but doubt it with the sale being in their locker room.

This one that I took?

http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/dscn1820.jpg

Already a lot of sticks were gone by this time.

lefty, when i got their the first time, they had a batch of about 6-8 christansen s19's taped together, all brand new... they were gone when i went back...

I didn't take anymore photos. I would have, but my hands were full. Didn't want to put my stuff on the ground and possibly get jacked.

The lefty sticks were all the way from the far end up to the guy with the black jacket and belly. To the right of him were the righties. Seemed like every 10 feet or so, there was also a bundle of sticks. You can see a couple bundles with the blades sticking out. (right next to the guy with the Selanne jersey.

The helmet pile was HUGE. The glove table was stacked with gloves. I really wanted a pair of XXXXs, but they only had a used pair, and I didn't really want them. I did find a brand new one though, but it was just a single glove. no partner. bummer! aw a dude leave with a sweet pair of Eagles, those would have been cool to get.

This was my first sale I've been to and I loved it. Hope the Kings sale is similar.

that is the pic! i couldnt believe how many there were. Is it like this with year-end sales? or are the Ducks the exception? If the Ducks held one mid-season, was the inventory this large for sticks too?

the coyotes sold over 700 sticks to my local shop at the end of the season...

31311_389193002049_111357827049_4686979_7905135_n.jpg

OOOOOoooooooh Baby, that is just awesome!!!

Still it's a little funny to see all those babies baking in the sun when you're from the cold white north... :lol:

The Leafs are a little different, they normally don't sell brand new equipment. The equipment manager invites local hockey stores to come in and purchase hockey equipment. Whatever is left over stuff is sold at the team sales.

Also, the game used sticks are sold year round in the team store so a lot of the stock never makes it to the team sales.

I didn't take anymore photos. I would have, but my hands were full. Didn't want to put my stuff on the ground and possibly get jacked.

The glove table was stacked with gloves. I really wanted a pair of XXXXs, but they only had a used pair, and I didn't really want them.

Yeah, you are smart not to put down your goodies and get jacked. A year or two ago I got into the Leafs sale and found a pair of Jason Blake Vapor XXXX (when they first came out) in great condition plus some other pairs of Vapor XXX. I grabbed them and sat down in the corner of the dressing room. I put on the Vapor XXXX on and then decided to try out the Vapor XXX. So I put the Vapor XXXX down beside me and started to lace up the Vapor XXX. When I finished lacing up I wanted to take them off and compare again with the Vapor XXXX. I looked down beside me and the skates are gone gone. Like what the heck, I was in the corner and no one around me. Surely the skates didn't run off on their own. Well you snooze you lose :(

Hey by the way did you ever try out those Jason Blake 13 inch gloves ?