Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

went to the leafs sale, i was later going to pretty picked over but there was a few good items left. i grabbed a new white mission nme helmet for $100 and that was it. i was really looking at kaberle's and hanson's warrior mits but put em both back. stajans winnwells were in really great shape aswell. all for $125

i didn't really like the stick collection, the kessel x60 ans phanuef se16 were way over priced. $325 i think, could be wrong but they were the most expensive ones there. all new.

helmets and pants and gloves were best from what i saw. all the helmets i saw were new (no stickers or numbers) but i saw people leaving with game used ones aswell. lots of the gloves and sticks were from the traded players this year.

thats about it from what i saw, woulda liked to see what they had at the beginning because the people i saw walking out all had bags and bags of stuff

my source from the Flames is telling me they arent going to be selling any retro gloves. If by chance a pair does slip out there it will just a pair or two and will be by mistake.

figured as much, they didn't wear them much last year, and they are rumored to be wearing the retro jersey for a good number of games next year.

went to the leafs sale, i was later going to pretty picked over but there was a few good items left. i grabbed a new white mission nme helmet for $100 and that was it. i was really looking at kaberle's and hanson's warrior mits but put em both back. stajans winnwells were in really great shape aswell. all for $125

i didn't really like the stick collection, the kessel x60 ans phanuef se16 were way over priced. $325 i think, could be wrong but they were the most expensive ones there. all new.

helmets and pants and gloves were best from what i saw. all the helmets i saw were new (no stickers or numbers) but i saw people leaving with game used ones aswell. lots of the gloves and sticks were from the traded players this year.

thats about it from what i saw, woulda liked to see what they had at the beginning because the people i saw walking out all had bags and bags of stuff

i almost forgot about the fact that the "high-end" players sticks were selling much more than all the others, in terms of price. i even saw a helmet with some blood stains in the inner liner lol..

if the sticks were priced at $100 each or less, i would have grabbed more than the 1 i left with :( def. would leave with at least 4. prices were just too steep, even those who bought to resell, you couldn't make much of a profit unless your buyer is desperate, or else :angry:

I have to admit I did like many of the gloves, and surprised with the amount of the brand new ones. I wished i bought the xxx's now, even well into the sale, no one picked them up

i almost forgot about the fact that the "high-end" players sticks were selling much more than all the others, in terms of price. i even saw a helmet with some blood stains in the inner liner lol..

if the sticks were priced at $100 each or less, i would have grabbed more than the 1 i left with :( def. would leave with at least 4. prices were just too steep, even those who bought to resell, you couldn't make much of a profit unless your buyer is desperate, or else :angry:

I have to admit I did like many of the gloves, and surprised with the amount of the brand new ones. I wished i bought the xxx's now, even well into the sale, no one picked them up

It sounds like it would've been a waste of time for me. I should thank the wife for putting the leash on me. LOL

so got back from the sale of the TML-

they said this is to date their largest sale for the team's equipment. they had the visitors room at the ACC with sticks only and blades, while the Home locker was all gear

All current, new modeled sticks were $175

shafts $30 and comes with 3 free blades of your choice (lots of composite blades in the bin)

old modeled OPS - $125

Gloves- all - $125 lots of new and used , lots of xxxx pros, saw one pair of xxx, etc.

Skates - most were $225, dion's 11k basically all brand new (i think) were $300 plus i believe (didnt really pay attention to it since it was too large), saw only one pair of TotalOnes and it didnt fit me :( - also lots of x60s, and one95s,

toskala's pads $1000

all helmets (Easton S9, Mission's, RBK, some had visors on it (maybe 10 of them)) - $100

bunch of new NB helmets 4500 new in box

shoulders $30

they had jofa elbows- but they were worn down and the elastic straps were wayyy loose/stretched

jofa shins were all 16" i believe, ??

pants - $125

no bags, jerseys

----

to sum it up, i thought the sticks were wayyy overpriced compared to past sales, and other NHL team sales - although I bought one, was going get 2 but decided not too. There were lots of never used sticks though. Lots and lots of gloves, helmets, and skates.

It was alright, it would be even better if prices were knocked down a bit, at least for me, since my intention was to pick up as much as i can, but it seemed it was TOO much, price wise lol

feel free to correct me on any items or add on to the list for other MSH members who never got to make it to the sale, BTW they did implement the "ticket number" system - led ppl to the locker room at 15-20/time or somewhere around the mark

What was the prices like for the Habs?

I was there today too and frankly I thought it was a waste of time, the prices were almost double what they were at the sale in december. The only good deal there was the shaft and three blades for 30$ but the only lefty blade curves there were horrible. The selection was pretty good though you could pretty much get any players gloves and sticks (well except phaneuf and kessel gloves those were gone in about 10 minutes).

i snapped a few pics on my phone to show you guys what was there:

0529001107.jpg

0529001102a.jpg

0529001052.jpg

0529001050.jpg

0529001044.jpg

Dang dude. Are all those Pro Stock X:60s Kessel's??

ya...and Grabovski had a nice collection of bauer one95's for sale too. nice curve and a 8X flex too. would have loved to grab all of them. darn those prices, i just cant get over it. :angry:

I went to the leafs sale today aswell around 2:30ish. I was amazed at the prices for skates though, i heard people on here saying they usually go for about $300 but they were going for $225, I wish i had just a little more money, cause Sjostrom's skates fit almost perfectly, I couldnt believe it though its the first time ive gone to one of these sales, and I mean Bauer X:60's for $225 you cant go wrong, damn it i wish i had just a little bit more, but im currently out of a job and got to sort of budget now :P. Even Kaberle's looked like game used gloves were there for $150 which wasnt to bad, i know some people on here figured they would go for like $300. The sticks were very whelming essentially the same price you'd pay at a normal hockey store except its a different name on the shaft and a slightly different curve. But I loved it i cant wait to go to another one now.

Btw if anyone is going to the Devils equipment sale I might like to make a request to pick something up for me. If they have a sale of course.

I went to the leafs sale today aswell around 2:30ish. I was amazed at the prices for skates though, i heard people on here saying they usually go for about $300 but they were going for $225, I wish i had just a little more money, cause Sjostrom's skates fit almost perfectly, I couldnt believe it though its the first time ive gone to one of these sales, and I mean Bauer X:60's for $225 you cant go wrong, damn it i wish i had just a little bit more, but im currently out of a job and got to sort of budget now :P. Even Kaberle's looked like game used gloves were there for $150 which wasnt to bad, i know some people on here figured they would go for like $300. The sticks were very whelming essentially the same price you'd pay at a normal hockey store except its a different name on the shaft and a slightly different curve. But I loved it i cant wait to go to another one now.

Btw if anyone is going to the Devils equipment sale I might like to make a request to pick something up for me. If they have a sale of course.

Not sure if you've been to previous Leafs sales but the prices at this years Leafs' sale compared to previous is highly overpriced.

Other than the shafts and possibly the helmets, everything else is overpriced and will continue to be

Whats the deal with the SE16's of cascading heights?

lol

There is a wall right beside, thats why it gives you that impression!

June 20th, 11-5. Been a few people talking about it (including me). Btw-I thought that Demitra only used wood. I've only seen him with I think a Bauer One 25 or One 75 this year. And what do you mean the price wasn't right? I'm assuming all stick prices will be near $150 give or take $25.

Awesome, plan to go to my first Canucks sale this year. I assume the first hour or so will be for STH?

Awesome, plan to go to my first Canucks sale this year. I assume the first hour or so will be for STH?

Should be. May wanna call up the store. I've already partly built a shopping list. I'm think I'm gonna ditch Bauer. Then go for some S19's or SE16's. Then maybe look at some protective gear.

Should be. May wanna call up the store. I've already partly built a shopping list. I'm think I'm gonna ditch Bauer. Then go for some S19's or SE16's. Then maybe look at some protective gear.

Don't get your hopes up on the protective gear. They're usually real beat up and overpriced or the same prehistoric gear from 8 sales ago. Pants were going for $75 used with rips and stains all over them.

Don't get your hopes up on the protective gear. They're usually real beat up and overpriced or the same prehistoric gear from 8 sales ago. Pants were going for $75 used with rips and stains all over them.

Aw crap. This is kinda frustrating. First I try to figure out who on the team uses the gear I want. Theres like 10 right handed players on the 'Nucks and at least 7 of them use Bauer. Now this. Hey one of the guys said that you work at GM Place? And even if not it seems like you've been there before. Can you give a approx price on the new sticks? I'm looking for Baumgartner, Hodgson, Salo, Hansen. They're all Easton. I think.

Robert Morris University Colonials' Equipment Sale:

rmusale2010.jpg

The prices last year were very reasonable:

gloves $25

shafts $25

sticks $50

The prices also got lowered as the sale went on. They were practically giving away wood tapered blades by the end of the sale.