Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k-ody.m

New RBK 9k Skates vs. Old RBK 9k skates

I tried to search RBK 9k, but it didnt work so im going to assume there is no other thread like this, and hopefully there isn't. If there is, i am sorry and just post the link or something. Anywhooo could anyone compare the two, what are the main difference other the looks? thanks a bunch

differences to the new 9k:

- redesigned toecap

- no more plastic rim around the outsole

- different lining material

- as far as fit goes, it seems to have slightly more volume than the previous model

- the boot is no longer trimmed in leather, but rather a synthetic material that is more hydrophobic

check the RBK catalogue for details.

i found that it was definitely lighter off the shelf. i mean, when you lose all that leather and even the plastic outsole rim, the skate's weight is reduced significantly. as for the durability of the new 9k, we'll have to wait and see. it seemed like the skate was comparably stiff to the old model, but felt somewhat softer around the top four eyelets. i'd head to your LHS and see for yourself.

My new 9Ks just came in and are considerably lighter. I can't compare stiffness as I never skated in the old ones. As fare as volume goes, again I can't compare but they are rather roomy. A tad wider and longeer than s15s. I wore a 9 in an s15 and have the 8.5 in the 9K and the 9K is actually longer and wider. Big heel area too... I'm concerned about that but hoping the pump helps.

If I'm correct the 08 RBK's comes in four different widths, C, D, E & EE. While the 07 9K's came in only three, C, D & E. The added EE width for this year makes me wonder if they run more narrow than last years line. Hence the extra wide EE width for this years production? I could be wrong...

I went through 2 sets of last years 9k pumps because my pumps stopped working, I have had this years 9k pumps since april and I absolutely love these skates I had the U+ for a month before that and well the U's were a tad lighter on my scale. my 9k's were 740 grams without rocket runners and my u's were 680 with rocket runners, I think the 9k is way better than last years, A tad stiffer and a lot lighter, the liner is a little crazy looking but who sees that anyhow when your skating. The new 9k's feel like they have a little more room in the boot could be the liner switch. The tongue is amazing on the new skate I assume this is where they lost a lot of weight. Very similar to a One 90 tongue, neoprene type. My vote is the new 9k is the real deal. But once again different strokes for different folks. My feet Died in the U+ and Vapor xxxx and one 90's and CCM V10.0

My feet Died in the U+ and Vapor xxxx and one 90's and CCM V10.0

Were all of these D-widths? Sounds like you have a pretty thick foot. What width are your current skates?

I have a normal foot D width, all the skates were D width skates, I have some huge ankle bones though so the pump helps me out there and provides some support instead of pain