Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaw2290

Sherwood Pattern Question

Hello all, I went back to wood after using a one piece for a few years. I bought a Sherwood 5030 the old stand buy but I like the whip but the blade has way too much curve for my licking. I used to love this curve 12 years ago but not so much any more.

I am wondering if Sherwood has anything similar to the Iginla curve. I like that curve.

Thanks for the advice.

Btw I bought new skates to I got the bauer one75 and they are very stiff but after one bake and one skate they feel good with a lot of support, the only thing is they hurt the balls of my feet as I am so used to tying my skates very tight.

Hello all, I went back to wood after using a one piece for a few years. I bought a Sherwood 5030 the old stand buy but I like the whip but the blade has way too much curve for my licking. I used to love this curve 12 years ago but not so much any more.

I am wondering if Sherwood has anything similar to the Iginla curve. I like that curve.

Thanks for the advice.

Btw I bought new skates to I got the bauer one75 and they are very stiff but after one bake and one skate they feel good with a lot of support, the only thing is they hurt the balls of my feet as I am so used to tying my skates very tight.

The PP12 should be identical to the Easton Iginla as Sherwood has basically copied their best patterns.... But it isn't offered in wood. The closest you will find is the PP10 (the old John Leclair curve). It's a really nice gentle curve like the PP12.

Thanks for the advice.

The PP12 should be identical to the Easton Iginla as Sherwood has basically copied their best patterns.... But it isn't offered in wood. The closest you will find is the PP10 (the old John Leclair curve). It's a really nice gentle curve like the PP12.

But with a 4.5 lie...

Hello,

The PP10 is not a 4.5. Or the original Leclair was not 4.5. May be none is. What i can tell you is that the PP10 and the Leclair have different lies.

I use the Leclair because it had the lower lie I could find. Recently I bought a PP10 to have as a back up stick and the lie is different. I put the two sticks side by side and the PP10 has a higher lie than the original Leclair.

When I compare lies, I overlap the blades, as close as possible, and compare the position of the shafts. Next, I place the shaft on the wall and compare the position of the blades.

I've been looking for a low lie on a composite for a while but I haven't been able to find one as low as the old Leclair. Once I contemplated purchasing an Easton Heatley which had a lie of 5. Very close to the Leclair but higher. I would guess, without having the chance of comparing them side by side, that the PP10 is a 5.

With the rocketed blades, I don't know exactly how the lies are measured nowadays. Warrior has low lie blades but when I compared them to the Leclair, they were much higher. I would guess a whole number higher (a 4.5 would be like a Sher-Wood 5.5).

I apologize for the long response. What I was trying to say is that nowadays you can't compare lies among different makers and probably not even within the same maker.

+1 - Warrior lies are about 1 point higher than listed. So, a warrior 4 is about a 5 in most other manufacturer's scales (easton, bauer, etc)

+1 - Warrior lies are about 1 point higher than listed. So, a warrior 4 is about a 5 in most other manufacturer's scales (easton, bauer, etc)

That isn't accurate. Some are close, some are .5 higher and others are 1 higher, it all depends on the rocker.