Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aal

Skate Lacing Pattern

Yes I noticed. I took the picture. I did that to make a point. I just assumed that everyone would be logical enough to deduce that both amounted to exactly the same pattern, just going in the opposite direction.

That is the point though. If you look at the difference between the two with the boot standing the same direction, you will see the difference. It may not be much at mid point of the lace cross, but out toward the eyelets it is a big difference. It allows you to fold the eyelets over without wrenching down the center of the laces by changing the angle of the lace. Similar to changing from a 5 to 5.5 lie.. It may not look like much to the eye, but to the hands it is a big difference.

My question is, do you have volume issues in this boot? Because if you do not have much of an issue, you probably would not feel much of a difference.

I came across this thread and figured I share the pattern I use. Some time  ago, I was looking to tie the skates super tight and I would literally develop blisters on my fingers. I have spent some time on google, but could not find anything reasonable. After tinkering for about an hour with my skates, I came up with this pattern. Not sure if this has been around prior to me, most likely it was. Either way, this has helped me with my desire to have my skates super tight. I also was able to control tightness of the lace as this method allows for better control of how tight. Now, one thing I have failed to mention, is that this pattern is an absolute dog when used with waxed laces. I do not have skates with fancy lacing systems, but I would think that that will also make this lacing pretty difficult to like.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents. Perhaps it will help someone. Hockey heads usually do not have problem with this, but If you have difficulty understanding my accent, sorry, you can still can see what I am doing.