Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ktang

Gear whores on hockey teams

What is the gear whore makeup of your team?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im the only one in my 3-4 leagues that shows up to games with something different every week. lol

So yeah, im the only gear whore!

Crap, I'm on my way. Just scored these over on the bay...

db6f_12.JPG

That's my third pair in 6 months. I know I have a long ways to go to catch up, but it's a start... :lol:

Crap, I'm on my way. Just scored these over on the bay...

db6f_12.JPG

That's my third pair in 6 months. I know I have a long ways to go to catch up, but it's a start... :lol:

I like the Chicago Color Scheme better I think.. I was eyeing those up on the bay too

Last night some of the guys in the locker room were talking about getting new gear and someone commented that I have something new every game and I should donate! I guess it's slowly catching on on my teams. There are a few guys that are borderline, they don't have a lot of gear, but they notice people who get new stuff. It's only a matter of time.

I get that or "Are those new gloves? What was wrong with your old gloves?" all the time. Normally my response is "What's wrong?!?! You guys have already seen me wear those."

3rd pair? I'm waiting for 5 pairs of gloves this week! Albeit 2 of those I already have had in my possession(repalm).

I like the Chicago Color Scheme better I think.. I was eyeing those up on the bay too

So do I, but I haven't been able to find a pair in 13". Plus, being a self loathing Devils fan, I couldn't pass up the $85 bucks for these...

3rd pair? I'm waiting for 5 pairs of gloves this week! Albeit 2 of those I already have had in my possession(repalm).

Like I said, I'm on my way. Paycheck comes tomorrow... ;)

Last night some of the guys in the locker room were talking about getting new gear and someone commented that I have something new every game and I should donate! I guess it's slowly catching on on my teams. There are a few guys that are borderline, they don't have a lot of gear, but they notice people who get new stuff. It's only a matter of time.

I get that or "Are those new gloves? What was wrong with your old gloves?" all the time. Normally my response is "What's wrong?!?! You guys have already seen me wear those."

Haha, there are plenty of people here that would love to help you with your addiction. I'm sure you've had plenty of offers to purchase gloves from you! Five in one week... You are a lucky, albeit, insane man. :wacko: :lol:

Haha, there are plenty of people here that would love to help you with your addiction. I'm sure you've had plenty of offers to purchase gloves from you! Five in one week... You are a lucky, albeit, insane man. :wacko: :lol:

haha, true. I'm a gear whore, what can I say? I mean I'm not crying over lost hardware plugs from my skates... but gearwhore, I am. ;)

haha, true. I'm a gear whore, what can I say? I mean I'm not crying over lost hardware plugs from my skates... but gearwhore, I am. ;)

Too funny!! :lol:

Most of the Guys on my team wear top of the line equipement but are oblivious to the little same details... last week 4 guys on my team claimed the U+ equipment line is actully called V+, I'm not calling myself a complete Gear Whore but i don't mind having options when it come to Gloves(5 pairs) skate(3 pairs), buckets(2) and sticks(8)

Pretty sure no one on any of my teams is a gear whore. I may qualify due to 5 pair of skates and a bakers dozen pair of gloves but it's all discontinued gear that I loved so when I come across a pair of 8090's or BDP's I tend to scoop them up. More prudent than slutty my opinion.

For my high school team, I am the only gear whore. Kids on this team cant even tell the difference from shooting with a Synergy 200 to shooting with a S17. My coach for HS isn't a gear whore but he is very aware of what people wear. He always asks how I feel about certain sticks and chirps me a little for always coming to practice with 2 different sticks.

For Travel Im one of 3 gear whores. Well, I am the main one. One kid knows just as much as I do and defiantly has a lot of equipment but, no where near the amount of stuff that I have. The other kid is just the same way except he has 1 more pair of skates that I do. All in all the whole team jokes about us 3 opening up our own shop later in live.