Photo

Have a bit of a cold, should I go play hockey?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Beflar

Beflar
  • Members+
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

I'm sick. If I gave it a number out of ten, ten being hospital, I'd be a 3.5. What can I do to get me threw 80 minutes of hockey?

Only reason I really want to play is I just bought new gloves and a new mirrored visor:)

Thoughts?
You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything, even poverty, you can survive it.
Bill Cosby

#2 vectoranalysisgo

vectoranalysisgo
  • Members+
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

take some sudafed like the pro's.

#3 Beflar

Beflar
  • Members+
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

take some sudafed like the pro's.

Cool thanks.
You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything, even poverty, you can survive it.
Bill Cosby

#4 Hidious

Hidious
  • Members+
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

I've always loved to play when having a cold, it feels like you aren't sick at all while on the ice even if you felt miserable minutes before. The aftermath also feels good; i honestly think it helps getting rid of the virus. But don't believe everything i say, it may just be an impression...like those kids who think smoking weed helps them concentrate in school.

#5 TNHhockey

TNHhockey
  • Members+
  • 451 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

I agree with the above poster. I feel like skating with a minor cold helps me sweat it out a bit. Again I could be wrong and it just being mental but I like to think it helps.

#6 Gummer12

Gummer12
  • Associate Mods

• 2,078 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

Likewise...Down some Sudafed, and go play. It'll work Wonders! Even without the Sudafed. Nothin like an ice rink to clear up a cold.
2007-2008 Stanley Keg Champion (Captain)
"Where did you learn that move, Peter Puck?" George Bowman
"Why did they bring a Sled Hockey Stick if they had to go upstairs to see it?": Puck_it

#7 greech

greech
  • Members+

• 720 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

Drink plenty, and sweat it out. Works wonders for colds and hangovers.

#8 Bender

Bender
  • Members+
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:45 AM

I've always loved to play when having a cold, it feels like you aren't sick at all while on the ice even if you felt miserable minutes before. The aftermath also feels good; i honestly think it helps getting rid of the virus. But don't believe everything i say, it may just be an impression...like those kids who think smoking weed helps them concentrate in school.

I personally agree with the healing effects of hockey on colds, could be some kind of placebo effect but I reakon it still works :lol:

#9 LkptTiger

LkptTiger
  • Senior Members

• 3,336 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:11 AM

You bought a mirrored visor? The cold is the least of your worries.
I hate my new friends.

#10 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • Members+

• 784 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:45 AM

Agreed, go play and sweat it out. I played pickup at a local outdoor rink for five hours one night when I probably should not have even considered it, and I really think it help me get healthy a good deal faster... now about the cramps I got in my legs...
--55--

#11 lampliter87

lampliter87
  • Members+
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:02 AM

http://www.modsquadh...mirrored visor

#12 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,412 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

I've played with pneumonia, against the doctors orders, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this topic. I do agree with the guys that have mentioned feeling better on the ice with a cold, I can usually breathe much better on the ice than at home when I have a cold.
"Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think."
George Bernard Shaw

#13 coryroth24

coryroth24
  • Members+

• 727 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

I played with a cold a couple weeks ago while drugged up on Tylenol. Felt great during the game, but since that game, I've been coughing up a lung!
-Cory

#14 Matt18

Matt18
  • Members+
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:17 AM

I agree just drink a lot of fluids before and after and just sweat it out.

#15 pantherfan

pantherfan
  • Members+
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

When I'm sick I like to go to the rink and inflict my misery on others aswell, my top tip for spreading the virus would be to use as many different water bottles as possible.
Street hockey is great for kids. It's energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

#16 chippa13

chippa13
  • Members++

• 9,605 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

Skip the Sudafed, instead just take a Halls about 10 minutes before the game and be sure to have plenty of fluids in you before and during.

#17 LkptTiger

LkptTiger
  • Senior Members

• 3,336 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

http://www.modsquadh...mirrored visor

For fun, eh? Maybe try crossdressing, too - it could be amusing.
I hate my new friends.

#18 roller to ice

roller to ice
  • Members+
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:27 PM

Pack nice lipper and get out there if your good enough to be on your computer your good enough to play just drink a lil more water than usual and spend a little extra time warming up once ya get into the game youll forget your sick

#19 Hooah4

Hooah4
  • Members+
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:39 PM

As long as it's not settling in your chest and causing you shortness or difficulty breathing go for it. The increase in activity will clear your nose for a while.
"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy"...Ben Franklin.
"There is no escalator to success, only steps" Glen Sather