Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beflar

Have a bit of a cold, should I go play hockey?

I'm sick. If I gave it a number out of ten, ten being hospital, I'd be a 3.5. What can I do to get me threw 80 minutes of hockey?

Only reason I really want to play is I just bought new gloves and a new mirrored visor:)

Thoughts?

I've always loved to play when having a cold, it feels like you aren't sick at all while on the ice even if you felt miserable minutes before. The aftermath also feels good; i honestly think it helps getting rid of the virus. But don't believe everything i say, it may just be an impression...like those kids who think smoking weed helps them concentrate in school.

I agree with the above poster. I feel like skating with a minor cold helps me sweat it out a bit. Again I could be wrong and it just being mental but I like to think it helps.

Likewise...Down some Sudafed, and go play. It'll work Wonders! Even without the Sudafed. Nothin like an ice rink to clear up a cold.

I've always loved to play when having a cold, it feels like you aren't sick at all while on the ice even if you felt miserable minutes before. The aftermath also feels good; i honestly think it helps getting rid of the virus. But don't believe everything i say, it may just be an impression...like those kids who think smoking weed helps them concentrate in school.

I personally agree with the healing effects of hockey on colds, could be some kind of placebo effect but I reakon it still works :lol:

Agreed, go play and sweat it out. I played pickup at a local outdoor rink for five hours one night when I probably should not have even considered it, and I really think it help me get healthy a good deal faster... now about the cramps I got in my legs...

I've played with pneumonia, against the doctors orders, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this topic. I do agree with the guys that have mentioned feeling better on the ice with a cold, I can usually breathe much better on the ice than at home when I have a cold.

When I'm sick I like to go to the rink and inflict my misery on others aswell, my top tip for spreading the virus would be to use as many different water bottles as possible.

Pack nice lipper and get out there if your good enough to be on your computer your good enough to play just drink a lil more water than usual and spend a little extra time warming up once ya get into the game youll forget your sick

As long as it's not settling in your chest and causing you shortness or difficulty breathing go for it. The increase in activity will clear your nose for a while.