Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crispy92

Skill pad

on another note... has anyone tried to make a slide pad? I've watched a few videos on youtube, and it seems like a good idea. Anyone try it before? does it really help in building some leg power?

on another note... has anyone tried to make a slide pad? I've watched a few videos on youtube, and it seems like a good idea. Anyone try it before? does it really help in building some leg power?

Power cleans

LoL "it came in lemon scent"

I bought a 4x4' sheet of Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHDPE) for 50 bucks locally. It works well.

-E

Are you sure this was UHDPE? $50 seems very cheap for UHDPE. A 4x4 sheet of HDPE would probably be abour $50.

Anyways, how thick is it?

DO you spray it with anything ? Have you drilled holes into it ?

LoL "it came in lemon scent"

I bought a 4x4' sheet of Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHDPE) for 50 bucks locally. It works well.

-E

Are you sure this was UHDPE? $50 seems very cheap for UHDPE. A 4x4 sheet of HDPE would probably be abour $50.

Anyways, how thick is it?

DO you spray it with anything ? Have you drilled holes into it ?

The store said it was ultra - I bought a relatively thick sheet, I think it was 3/8". not as thin as 1/4". Its damn heavy.

I don't spray it with anything, and have not drilled into it.

Sorry if I'm a little late in this thread. You can buy a material that they use for dry erase boards at your local Lowes for about $13.00 (USD) with tax. The sheets are pretty big and are slick but need Pledge or some thing to lubricate it.

Here is a link to the Lowes website with all the exact product information.

White Hardboard Wall Panel

What is everyone's take on the best lubricant?

I've tried:

- Graphite lubricant (big mistake, not the kind to use)

- no-name furniture polish (doesn't work very well)

- Silicon lubricant (works best so far, but pucks don't slide as well as on ice)

Any other ideas? I'm using a 4x8 piece of puckboard.

Sorry if I'm a little late in this thread. You can buy a material that they use for dry erase boards at your local Lowes for about $13.00 (USD) with tax. The sheets are pretty big and are slick but need Pledge or some thing to lubricate it.

Here is a link to the Lowes website with all the exact product information.

White Hardboard Wall Panel

I think I'm gonna go with this, checked it out at the store earlier and its a pretty big piece and $12 is a damn good price. It's not super smooth, so I think I'll also go with this silicon spray do you guys think thats the best option? Will something else provide for a smoother surface?

Also I want to make a tape-2-tape type thing like what this guy did:

Any suggestions on how I can fasten it to the board? As its pretty thin.

I think I'm gonna go with this, checked it out at the store earlier and its a pretty big piece and $12 is a damn good price. It's not super smooth, so I think I'll also go with this silicon spray do you guys think thats the best option? Will something else provide for a smoother surface?

Also I want to make a tape-2-tape type thing like what this guy did:

Any suggestions on how I can fasten it to the board? As its pretty thin.

You'd probably be better off just paying the extra money for a big piece of plexiglass. I used a couple bungie cords and hooked them on the sides of the plexiglass for a cheap alternative to the tape2tape passing device. This is my setup from 2 years ago. Also, the silicone spray "liquid wrench" is what i used as well. Spray it on, wipe it in with a cloth, then have at it.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=778403

There's my setup, though I now use a 4' x 2.66' board now instead of the full 4'x8'. Much easier to move around. I use Thrifty White Board and B'laster Silicone Lube. Apply the lube correctly and it's just as slick as ice. Spray, wipe down gently to create a thin film, let said film dry, enjoy.

i went to office max and bought one of those plastic mat things that you buy for a office with carpet so that you can roll on it. its cheap, has lost of surface area, and does the job