Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

numberthirteen

New Era 59FIFTYs

^ I like them because they don't shrink as badly as the wool ones did, I like the look of the black underbrim, and black sweatband on the inside (it doesn't get all yellow and gross from sweat).

A question, does anyone know what the MLB 5950's with the grey underbrim are called? I've been looking for some EVERYWHERE but cant find a thing and I really want one.

Any particular team/size you need? They're always on e-bay. I got a few on closeout for like $10 at a sports store last summer.

Those are 5950s but have been discontinued. They're now made with a brim that blocks glare and wicks moisture aka lame.

It is sort of lame because you only benefit from it if you are playing in it.

And 99% of people in NE caps aren't playing in them. They're good for keeping it flat/looking like a douche in the short time I've seen them.

I wore my hat like they're meant to be worn. I can't stand the people with stickers still on them that apparently clean them as well. I've got a Braves hat that literally feels like a Gary Carter helmet.

I wore my hat like they're meant to be worn. I can't stand the people with stickers still on them that apparently clean them as well. I've got a Braves hat that literally feels like a Gary Carter helmet.

I think it looks terrible when people leave stickers on there hats, its a pretty stupid idea.

And they're no longer wool, so you can't form them to your head.

Not that anybody wearing them for fashion with straight brims and stickers does that anyway...

^ I like them because they don't shrink as badly as the wool ones did, I like the look of the black underbrim, and black sweatband on the inside (it doesn't get all yellow and gross from sweat).
A question, does anyone know what the MLB 5950's with the grey underbrim are called? I've been looking for some EVERYWHERE but cant find a thing and I really want one.

Any particular team/size you need? They're always on e-bay. I got a few on closeout for like $10 at a sports store last summer.

Yeah I've been looking on ebay and found a couple but I already have the teams that I've found. I'll keep looking for them though. I also haven't had a problem with the hats forming to my head. All of the ones that I've curved the brims on fit good. The straight brims are terrible for wearing but I either never wear them or the only reason I keep the brim straight is because the hat looks stupid with a curved brim. Depends on what logo it is and color of the hat.

One of my friends literally yelled at me the other day because I bought a new 59/50, took off the stickers, and rolled the brim. I cannot stand a flat brimmed hat, or leaving stickers on it. I occasionally deodorize my caps, but other that that I prefer when they look and feel worn in.

Got a yankees size 7?

Mine aren't for sale - I was really just bragging about the deal I got. They're all size 7 7/8 or 8 anyway - I was probably 8 years old the last time my giant head fit in a size 7 cap, but I took a quick look at e-bay - there's one from the '03 World Series with the bidding at $8. The seller also has one for $12 buy-it-now.

This one is pretty close to the same thing if you can fit into a 7 1/8. A Yankees one might be harder to find on a closeout than a lot of teams.

Mine aren't for sale - I was really just bragging about the deal I got. They're all size 7 7/8 or 8 anyway - I was probably 8 years old the last time my giant head fit in a size 7 cap, but I took a quick look at e-bay - there's one from the '03 World Series with the bidding at $8. The seller also has one for $12 buy-it-now.

This one is pretty close to the same thing if you can fit into a 7 1/8. A Yankees one might be harder to find on a closeout than a lot of teams.

I got a bid in on that one on e-bay. Thanks for pointing it out.

Here's the hats that I have at home right now, the rest of my hats (around 20 or so) are at school.

I have at least 1 hat from every current MLB team except for the Yankees and Red Sox. (Because I absolutely hate those 2 teams.)

Hats.jpg

My favorites from the ones pictured are probably the '83 O's, '72 Angels and my new Canada WBC's. The favorites that I don't have in this picture are probably my '69 A's and the current Rockies hat.

Are the Canadian WBC hats the same as the ones they wore last time?

I love that Expos one - I want one of those, but the American Needle hats aren't deep enough for my head.

Are the Canadian WBC hats the same as the ones they wore last time?

I love that Expos one - I want one of those, but the American Needle hats aren't deep enough for my head.

http://ballcap.com/

They'll custom build one for you- depth, size, whatever. Even a leather sweat if you want it. Not much more expensive then a standard 5950 is these days.

So, being an oilers fan, and having been in edmonton for the last week, I decided it would be a good time to buy some nice oilers hats. After searching every store in west ed mall, and a few other ones in the city, i could only find the one i posted earlier, and a dark blue plain one in a size 7. i was pretty disappointed.

so i bought 2 new jays hats ( black with all white logo and a different one that is hard to explain )

...but i wanted an oilers one.

All the hat stores in Edmonton suck. It's hard finding most MLB teams nvm NHL.

Im sure a lot of the stores have most of the in game hats, if that is the type your talking about.