Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

Alot of these don't look like true toe curves though, most of them are mid and some are even heel.

I like the Jan Hlavac or Gary Roberts, are those both custom or do they come retail?

I'd say that Spezza is ugly but it looks like my Christian Forsberg toe bastardization.

I curved up a few woodies the last couple weeks, I'll try to get pics up over lunch:

Montreal M95 blade Euro 5 curve - made into a huge mid-toe banana, it's way too much so I'll probably flatten it back out. Need to get a whippy standard shaft and this will be my outdoor stick.

Bauer One40 wood stick P91 curve - reduced the loft and added about 3/8" toe curve. It's pretty, but the blade is really flexy and the shaft is super stiff so it's completely useless for me.

Sherwood 7000 wood stick Coffey curve - flattened the curve to about 3/8", tried to add a toe kink but it just wanted to bring back the mid curve. But at least it's usable now instead of sailing all my shots three feet high and wide. It's a bit stiff, but actually works okay for outdoor, but after two sessions I already have the famous Sherwood heel crack. Waste of money.

Christian wood blade Forsberg curve - added some mid-heel loft (it was basically a straight blade) and about 5/8" of toe curve. It looks kind of ugly, but it's actually pretty solid.

All in all, it's been fun playing with some toe curves, and I do prefer them to my usual mids. I'm up in the air right now whether my next stick will be a One95 OPS (probably 77 flex P88) or if I'll get a 70-75 flex tapered shaft and some custom Christian blades, 5 lie 5/8" toe with extra glass.

Alot of these don't look like true toe curves though, most of them are mid and some are even heel.

I like the Jan Hlavac or Gary Roberts, are those both custom or do they come retail?

They're toe curves, it just depends on the angle. Sometimes they have loft at the heel and a curve at the toe, sometimes when viewed down the shaft instead of straight overhead it looks more like a mid, but mostly toes.

name='$m0k3' post='693682' date='May 18 2009, 02:52 AM']Alot of these don't look like true toe curves though, most of them are mid and some are even heel.

They're toe curves, it just depends on the angle. Sometimes they have loft at the heel and a curve at the toe, sometimes when viewed down the shaft instead of straight overhead it looks more like a mid, but mostly toes.

When i checked all the cuves not many were listed as toe, i guess it depends on how you look at it. Im just wondering if these are Pro returns or homemade alternations at all?

http://www.hockeygiant.com/bladechart.html

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

It's officially hard to photograph multiple curves.

Left to right, Rafalski (Sakic), Coffey (flattened), Robitaille, P91 (closed with 3/8" toe), Forsberg (opened with 5/8" toe), Euro (with 3/4" mid toe).

What, no one complains about it being posted and the price going up?

That's sort of what my work-in-progress curve is looking like but not as...disgusting.

To be fair (I won that auction) I was watching that before it was posted here, sooooo this site didn't really push the price up :)

Did you buy it to use or just to collect? Just curious if you happened to ask him how long the stick was.

Both. I'll try it out a few times to see how close it is to the blades I curve myself. I'll make sure to measure everything and take pics and post up the info for you guys. Also, if it somehow breaks, or is in worse shape than the description leads, I'm going to send the blade to Sherwood and have a ton of carbon blades made of the pattern...

Just got my hands on a couple of Hossa pro-stock dolo's from his ATL days.

3553105641_a71fab1210.jpg

Kovalchuk must have rubbed off on him down there :lol:

damn thats one big ass curve...wonder if its legal lol

Paul Shaefer from the Boston Bruins nasty toe curve!!!

that one kinda reminds me of ovie's...still nasty...i love the toe though =P

Zherdev toe curve Dolo on Ebay,not my auction,http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290319136821

Looks similar to the Sakic, good buy if thats what you are looking for.

Anyone have a broken Spezza, Kov, or Saprykin? I want to get some made, so i think it would be easier if i have a prototype to send them.

There are so many different kinds of righty toe curves compared to leftys..

Dude, you have to be kidding me? Seriously have you seen how many toe variations for LHers there are? Anyways here's a picture of my Statsny customs I got made up.

IMG_2639.jpg

Paul Shaefer from the Boston Bruins nasty toe curve!!!

%7Boption%7D

Is that any relation to Peter?

Yea, I was unaware that the drummer for the Letterman Show band also played pro hockey....... Learn something new everyday :lol:

Yea, I was unaware that the drummer for the Letterman Show band also played pro hockey....... Learn something new everyday :lol:

Keyboardist. -5 lol :D You are thinking Max Wienberg. Drummer/Band leader for Conan.

Keyboardist. -5 lol :D You are thinking Max Wienberg. Drummer/Band leader for Conan.

LoL same difference, I wasn't sure and didn't want to be a loser and look it up..... Guess I'm still a loser

That is exactly what I'm looking for, but alas, nothing on eBay, and Hockeytown Authentics hasn't returned my calls or emails. It really makes me regret not picking up one or two of the Hossa Pro Stocks that were on ebay in the late fall/ early winter. :(