Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

Yes, I am positive, I ordered them through a hockey shop in the US, paid full retail plus $100 upcharge and the skates have the specs I indicated on the order sheet. No changes to the last except for C/AA.

As far as I have always heard, with Bauer customs a C is a C is a C. However, in my experience (I've had quite a few pairs of custom Bauer skates) the widths are not necessarily what they should be. I tried on a retail Supreme skate in a D width and found it to be just as narrow if not narrower than a C/AA custom. This is after being told that the retail supreme D width is actually an E. How is an E width as narrow as a C width? I have a pretty narrow foot, but nothing freakish. I am currently skating in a Bauer Supreme MX3 Custom in a B/AAA width. I went for the narrowest option that they have. I am pretty happy with my skates. I think I finally got the width I needed, but it took me a while to figure that out. That being said, if the X:60's you tried on were slightly wide in both the forefoot and the heel, then the C/AA should work. No guarantees though. I hope you get the fit you are hoping for.

18 hours ago, Jason said:

As far as I have always heard, with Bauer customs a C is a C is a C. However, in my experience (I've had quite a few pairs of custom Bauer skates) the widths are not necessarily what they should be. I tried on a retail Supreme skate in a D width and found it to be just as narrow if not narrower than a C/AA custom. This is after being told that the retail supreme D width is actually an E. How is an E width as narrow as a C width? I have a pretty narrow foot, but nothing freakish. I am currently skating in a Bauer Supreme MX3 Custom in a B/AAA width. I went for the narrowest option that they have. I am pretty happy with my skates. I think I finally got the width I needed, but it took me a while to figure that out. That being said, if the X:60's you tried on were slightly wide in both the forefoot and the heel, then the C/AA should work. No guarantees though. I hope you get the fit you are hoping for.

Yeah, may wanna go that route. Thank you!

12 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Did you get any stretching options?  Also, were there traces involved?

Nah, no traces. The only options were felt tongue and double stitching in 8.5 CAA. It could be the problem lays in the fact that I quick baked them just once in a by the way fashion. Will try some baking tricks that I know. Hopefully I am not gonna ruin them:)

Actually just put the custom Supreme on one foot and the retail Vapor 2009 X:60 (brand new, unbaked) on another foot and the Vapors seem to be narrower. May wanna bake the Vapors and keep them.

It's been a while since I've posted on MSH and am a bit out of the loop on the latest and greatest, but does anyone have any recommendation on where in the Chicagoland area I can get custom skates done? My original custom APXs are on their last legs and I need another pair soon.

2 hours ago, tamtamg said:

It's been a while since I've posted on MSH and am a bit out of the loop on the latest and greatest, but does anyone have any recommendation on where in the Chicagoland area I can get custom skates done? My original custom APXs are on their last legs and I need another pair soon.

I'd call Pure in Glenview, or Jerry's in Schaumburg as a starting point. I'd consider them the two biggest players in the area

• Thanks 1

On that note- has the stance changed at all on being able to get boots cut an eyelet lower? If I'm paying for custom skates I'd prefer to lace the boot all the way up rather than having to leave the top eyelet undone.  

Edited by Cavs019

6 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

On that note- has the stance changed at all on being able to get boots cut an eyelet lower? If I'm paying for custom skates I'd prefer to lace the boot all the way up rather than having to leave the top eyelet undone.  

Is that even possible with the new injected molding lacing? I thought some of the customization options with eyelets went away with the introduction of that.

After years of wanting to get customs... today I placed an order and got fitted.

Holy cow did I need it tho. D U C K feet. Normal heel, big width.

Had to go with 7 + 7.5 EEEEB. sz 11 toe cap. -1 eyelet. 1/4in shorter boot height. Added depth. 1/8in lifts. Extra ankle padding. Reinforced eyelets and toecap. 

Went to General Sports in Edina, MN and was taken care by their GM. 

No traces were involved however. After years of seeing "there needs to be traces", I got a little worried at the end.

Found out today you can't get traditional eyelets with flex tendon guard. 😕 

Other specs were black felt tongue. Tuuk with the trigger thing (can't remember the name). LS3 runners. Same tongue as my Supreme 190 skates (or whatever was closest to that)  

Will update as I go. We shall see how this turns out. 

Edited by IDoezIt
  • Like 1

Now that Bauer has launched their mybauer custom program, what do they call the customs with all custom options? And is there a different pricing for that skate?

24 minutes ago, decoy said:

Now that Bauer has launched their mybauer custom program, what do they call the customs with all custom options? And is there a different pricing for that skate?

WYSIWYG

On 1/9/2019 at 4:58 PM, IDoezIt said:

After years of wanting to get customs... today I placed an order and got fitted.

Holy cow did I need it tho. D U C K feet. Normal heel, big width.

Had to go with 7 + 7.5 EEEEB. sz 11 toe cap. -1 eyelet. 1/4in shorter boot height. Added depth. 1/8in lifts. Extra ankle padding. Reinforced eyelets and toecap. 

Went to General Sports in Edina, MN and was taken care by their GM. 

No traces were involved however. After years of seeing "there needs to be traces", I got a little worried at the end.

Found out today you can't get traditional eyelets with flex tendon guard. 😕 

Other specs were black felt tongue. Tuuk with the trigger thing (can't remember the name). LS3 runners. Same tongue as my Supreme 190 skates (or whatever was closest to that)  

Will update as I go. We shall see how this turns out. 

Any update?