Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

Don't get me wrong. My custom One95's are the best fitting, best performing skate I've owned. I'm gonna order custom TO's in the near future. I was just a little disappointed with the order forms telling me I was an E width. I wrote on the form that my retail One90's were too wide and that I would likely need a C width and that's what they ended up making for me.

I have a hard time imagining myself in anything but a Bauer Supreme custom boot in the foreseeable future.

Does bauer do custom s9's/s95's/classicONES?

edit: I'm currently in a pair of plekanec ones and they are wearing down

Edited by ibeck

Does bauer to custom s9's/s95's/classicONES?

No. Pros only. Customs limited to x60 and TOs for Bauer. I think they still do the Flexlite Pro 4.0s.

For those of you that have gotten customs, what are some options that you would think need to be included in an order for anyone getting them? I know alot is personal preference, but beyond things that need to be done for your own unique feet. If you were to tell a buddy, "you just have to get this in your order," what would it be?

No. Pros only. Customs limited to x60 and TOs for Bauer. I think they still do the Flexlite Pro 4.0s.

The Classic Totalone is in the Bauer Custom Skate options document I have, and I've seen TSR do a custom pair, unless Bauer has changed it recently.

JR, could you give some general options to look at putting into a custom skate? After getting properly fitted at 5 stores I got the same response that, "to get a good fit you need to go custom...retail will only fit well on one foot or the other." I have a shop that can do the order, but I know you have a vast amount of experience with Bauer customs. I know alot depends on the needs of the individual's feet, but what do you think is a "must have" in any order? Thank you in advance.

Cutting counters moves the top three or so eyelets back towards the skate's heel. If you envision a tied skate, this reduces the wrap of the boot in the upper ankle area. For myself and my skinny ankles, this has helped cease lacebite caused by too much wrap.

Cutting counters moves the top three or so eyelets back towards the skate's heel. If you envision a tied skate, this reduces the wrap of the boot in the upper ankle area. For myself and my skinny ankles, this has helped cease lacebite caused by too much wrap.

Sorry to bump this. Anyone have any suggestions for fitting on the east coast? I'd like to get some names, if any that do a great job. All I know of is Darkstar50, and thats a 10 hour drive.

Edited by kovalchuk71

Can some please explain to me what these options are on custom bauer skates?

What is "megabix" and "USM" as they relate to adding them to eyelets and quarters?

Also, is "minicel" just a thin padding layer? What is "prestocel"? What are 1/4 inch memory pads?

Thanks guys.

Do they offer toe caps that are not as tall? Same width as a normal toe cap, just shorter, so that you can't wiggle your toes upwards as much. Bauer skates fit me the best overall, but I don't like how tall their toe caps are.

Megabix is a stiffening material about 1mm - 2mm thermoplastic, so adds overall stiffness to the skate and depending on the thickness of it, can add quite a lot from level 2 probably to level 4 stiffness. USM is either stronger eyelets made by USM shoe supply company or one of their stiffening materials for example Formo which is similar to function of Megabix only made from Celastic stuff which is some type of wood pulp mixed with something, slightly less stiff then Megabix. Minicell and Prestocell are both foams added in the ankle area, simply different types of foams, 1/4" memory foam is also for ankle area, if its memory foam probably some type of slow recovery poron foam. All these foams have different densities, so its guess work to anyone what would work best, since there are over 20 combinations of density and thickness.

Cheers

Thanks a lot

Do they offer toe caps that are not as tall? Same width as a normal toe cap, just shorter, so that you can't wiggle your toes upwards as much. Bauer skates fit me the best overall, but I don't like how tall their toe caps are.

I was wondering the same thing. I also find the toe caps tall.

• Like 1

Having shorter height toe caps would require Bauer to make additional molds which they can only use for custom orders, I doubt it’s cost effective, my guess would be they don’t offer this option even to their paid players, even though molds in China are about 5-10 times cheaper then in North America. This also has to do with the area where toes meet the foot being very sensitive, so the potential for blisters is huge on a mass produced skate. I think they would rather make it slightly taller to accommodate more people, not to mention that they also worry about overall esthetics of a skate.

Cheers

This has no impact on custom skates as they are made in St. Jerome, Quebec. In fact on my custom skates I could not get the Reflex tongue as all the toolery is based in Asia.