Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beflar

CCM Pro Tacks

Graf has been cornering the platform skate market for a while, refs seem to like it goes well with the stripes.

I called my ccm rep a few days ago to put out some feelers on custom skates for myself and was told that for customs in addition to the 9k and u+ that the last gen pro-tacks were also available. This is not going to be the cheap option but if you really, really want tacks there's the option.

Did he tell you what custom options there was?

CCM would sell so many pairs of these if they reissued them, even at 5 bills. The problem is it would really kill the sales of their newer stuff, sadly, it aint gonna happen...

I would have to disagree with you. The vapor is what killed the tack and if CCM released a new version of the tack, Bauer would kill them again.

13 pages of this thread disagree with you.

I've seen so many guys refusing to part with their tacks, even though they're now falling apart, that it's insane. They refuse to buy anything else, it's a cult following.

I would have to disagree with you. The vapor is what killed the tack and if CCM released a new version of the tack, Bauer would kill them again.

13 pages with 10 of the same guys posting isn't even close to a skate being a big hit.

Thank you TBL.

I understand the Tack loyalty totally but as been said all along, there was not enough sell-through at retail(the be-all end-all for any product) to keep the skates in the line. I love my multiple pairs of mid90s Cooper BDP Pro Armour Foam 4 roll gloves but even the recent NikeBauer/Bauer Pro 4 roll glove is not the same thing totally and ultimately. Don't we have a thread on bringing back this, that, or the other piece of equipment I should have bought in multiples? Yes, we do.

13 pages with 10 of the same guys posting isn't even close to a skate being a big hit.

Ssssshhh!!! He doesn't know that. :lol:

Could just be me, but CCM couldn't have been that far off the mark with the Tack series seeing as how Bauer did end up copying the fit with the 8090 which was drastically different from the fit of its Supreme series.

Its just that kids these days prefer the bling (for one thing) plus Bauer started offering EE and EEE sizes

Not exactly sure where they're going with this, but this came off of CCM's Facebook page..

CCM Sports: We are working on a Vintage CCM line right now that will launch in 2010. We'll keep you posted with news. The new U+ Pro Reloaded skates are shipping to stores right now so they should be available real soon if not now!!

Well, they re-cycled the Pump on RBK so anything is possible with CCM. So, they will re-introduce old products and technologies with 2010 pricing! Such a deal!

Well, they re-cycled the Pump on RBK so anything is possible with CCM. So, they will re-introduce old products and technologies with 2010 pricing! Such a deal!

Awesome! Where do I get a ticket and line up for this? They should lock the new skates away so no one can see them, drive up the buzz and anticipation.

Awesome! Where do I get a ticket and line up for this? They should lock the new skates away so no one can see them, drive up the buzz and anticipation.

I'm sure they will.

Quote - " We are working on a Vintage CCM line right now that will launch in 2010."

The return of the Tacks, it must be! At least I hope so.

If they bring back the Tacks, I hope they bring back the early 90's look. Such a great looking skate.

As long as they say 'Made In Canada' somewhere on them or the box, it's all good by me!