Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beflar

CCM Pro Tacks

892SuperTacks.jpg

My friend just picked these up off of ebay, brand new in the box for $100 shipped. Even if she doesn't like the t-blades and has to switch them out, a bargain for sure. Tacks don't fit my foot but I always wished they did cuz the way they fit like a sneaker out of the box...

I would love to grab a pair of these... I am on ZG130's now and i love them but i prefer the CLASSIC AND AMAZING look of the tacks

Fixed it for you!

I just find it interesting that when I was at Summit we bought a TON of Pro Tacks and 992 on closeout last year and they STILL DID NOT SELL.

That's odd. Around here they were usually sold out. I had a heck of a time trying to find a pair that was in my size. I figured that when they discontinued the Tacks, I figured that the Tacks technology was outdated compared to the new stuff, which is why I went to Bauer. Worst mistake ever. Bauer was dominating the market share for skates, so I figured, "What the heck, I'll try them". My LHS was pushing Bauer skates at the time (and still are). Hindsight is always 20/20 though. <_<

I just find it interesting that when I was at Summit we bought a TON of Pro Tacks and 992 on closeout last year and they STILL DID NOT SELL.

Well theres none on the website so I dont know. Do they just not have them listed?

Like has been said the Tacks just arent flashy and the Kids in the stores only recommend vapors. I honestly dont know why one LHS carries anything but Bauer. They have Grafs, Eastons, and CCMs on the wall and even when I have gone there and described my foot they say Bauer. I have never seen them recommend anything but Bauer. People have to go in there knowing what they want and demand other things.

Can anyone with photoshop skills make those T's on the 892s black. I think the black with the white blades would be interesting.

Well theres none on the website so I dont know. Do they just not have them listed?

Like has been said the Tacks just arent flashy and the Kids in the stores only recommend vapors. I honestly dont know why one LHS carries anything but Bauer. They have Grafs, Eastons, and CCMs on the wall and even when I have gone there and described my foot they say Bauer. I have never seen them recommend anything but Bauer. People have to go in there knowing what they want and demand other things.

Can anyone with photoshop skills make those T's on the 892s black. I think the black with the white blades would be interesting.

Exactly what happened to me.

We tried selling them at $250, and they didn't sell. Then I believe they were reduced to $200. Probably had to go lower to move them.

There were a bunch on ebay over the last year that have been selling just under $200. I think most if not all of them are gone.

We tried selling them at $250, and they didn't sell. Then I believe they were reduced to $200. Probably had to go lower to move them.

There were a bunch on ebay over the last year that have been selling just under $200. I think most if not all of them are gone.

Probably them.

$250-200 is too high for older technology. People will probably spend $300 on a pair of NBH Vapor XXVs before they will spend $250 on CCMs that are considered "outdated" technology-wise in their minds.

It's up to the guy buying the skates to buy the right fit, no matter what a shop kid says!! Tacks fit "hobbit feet" so that's who should buy them, no matter what the price.

Probably them.

Makes sense! I just paid around $200 for my Pro Tacks. I probably could have got them for cheaper, but I have never been able to find them in my size until last week. Took me a few days to bite the bullet. I have never bought hockey equipment online before, so I hope these suckers are in good condition.

It's up to the guy buying the skates to buy the right fit, no matter what a shop kid says!! Tacks fit "hobbit feet" so that's who should buy them, no matter what the price.

lol, you're going to have to properly define "hobbit feet" for me. ;)

Flat and Fat. ( And sometimes hairy, but that shouldn't affect sizing much.)

When I was reffing beer leaguers a few years ago, I asked the team of Russians why they all wore Tacks. The answer was simple, they all had big wide flat feet that needed the space Tacks gave them. Once Tacks went away from the fit, the Russian guys were screwed. Now they can come back to CCM. I tried on the 2nd gen Vector Pro when the CCM Guts/Glory Camp was here last summer. The skate was nowhere near wide enough for the front of my foot. I wouldn't go E width because then I would lose the fit in the heel. It is just a case of if a skate does not fit you correctly, don't buy it.

;)

That's me, all right. Hey, I had Super Tacks, 651 Vacu Tacks, and loved them way back when. Somewhere along the line the fit of Tacks and my foot changed. Now I couldn't wear Tacks and be comfortable on ice. The Easton skates also kill my feet. It is all about fit, not about name or marketing. Fit your skates right and game on!!

Dark what are u wearing then?

Tacks are for flat arch. Easton and mission seem to have a little arch. Some are less then others although its there and generally why they both cause cramping.

Bauer is definetly a sizeable arch. Graf can be good. And as to not buying the skate if it doesnt fit that can be deceptive. In the store the bauers and eastons feel fine. Its after 20 min on the ice that all hell breaks loose and me feet start cramping. I really think thats part of the main issue. People end up dealing with it because the kid in the shop says Bauers are best. The guy/ gal buys them skates then after 20 min is like WTF! then they just end up thinking that foot cramping is part of playing hockey. I know I did until I came to this board and started researching. I cant tell you the years I skated onthe wrong skates and just learned to deal with it when I didnt have to.

What are you using that doesnt cause cramping?

Funny you mention that...I just picked up a pair of Pro Tacks from Summit! I nearly pissed myself when I saw they had a pair in 8.5 C!!!

C width!!! I couldn't believe it!

CCM C's are in-between a Bauer D & C and fits my non-hobbit somewhat hairless feet perfectly. Finding skates in C is very difficult, you guys with duck feet have it easy.

Flat and Fat. ( And sometimes hairy, but that shouldn't affect sizing much.)

Aye. In fact I just used the term hobbit feet just this morning in a post I think :P And I have hobbit feet as well; worn nothing but CCM since I was ~12 (652s, 2 pairs of 1052s and now a pair of U+), I've been asked before if I have a 6th toe when they see the lump on the side of my foot that is just...I dunno...spill over something or another.

Funny you mention that...I just picked up a pair of Pro Tacks from Summit! I nearly pissed myself when I saw they had a pair in 8.5 C!!!

C width!!! I couldn't believe it!

CCM C's are in-between a Bauer D & C and fits my non-hobbit somewhat hairless feet perfectly. Finding skates in C is very difficult, you guys with duck feet have it easy.

Yeah, CCM did make them in a C/A width at the retail level. I know Hockeymonkey had a pretty damn good selection of C-width tacks. I've bought several from them. Well, not anymore unfortunately. Sad to see the Tacks go. To me they were the perfect skate, with the perfect fit. Together, we were perfect partners. Damn!

I understand that CCM has moved forward with the Vector/U+, but why not run a revamped tack line alongside it ie vapor and supreme for bauer. A classic looking black skate, and design it with new technology but basically the opposite of the U+, meaning everything the U+ is not, the tack is, and vice/versa. Besides, a black ccm is just the way things should be, alongside a black supreme.

Well, I just checked the shipping, and my Pro Tacks just cleared customs! I should be getting them sometime tomorrow or Friday! Just in time for Hockey on Saturday!

I'm very excited!

CCM is having enough trouble getting one skate line working right in the marketplace at the moment.

Could sombody in the know elaborate please?