Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beflar

CCM Pro Tacks

Speaking of Ref's is there any particular reason why they wear plain white laces or is it just tradition?

It's a rule

Speaking of Ref's is there any particular reason why they wear plain white laces or is it just tradition?

It's a rule

OK, but why? Only thing I can reason is so they wont be confused w/ the players but why would it matter?

It's a rule

OK, but why? Only thing I can reason is so they wont be confused w/ the players but why would it matter?

It really doesn't, and it's not really enforced.

It's a rule

Ref's are expected to wear a black boot with white laces, and either white or black holders, not any colors. White holders are preferred. I think it's just to discourage an attitude of showmanship, and to align with a black and white wardrobe. Ref's are "supposed to" wear white laces with no tick marks, but most just buy white laces with tick marks because they are easier to find and because pure white are often hard to find waxed for those who prefer them

It's a rule

Ref's are expected to wear a black boot with white laces, and either white or black holders, not any colors. White holders are preferred. I think it's just to discourage an attitude of showmanship, and to align with a black and white wardrobe. Ref's are "supposed to" wear white laces with no tick marks, but most just buy white laces with tick marks because they are easier to find and because pure white are often hard to find waxed for those who prefer them

Thanks for all the info.

The last thing the NHL needs is a referee who looks like Dennis Rodman or Bozo the Clown out there on the ice.

:lol:

Good point, who would be watching replays in The War Room if Bozo & Rodman were not there?

I called my ccm rep a few days ago to put out some feelers on custom skates for myself and was told that for customs in addition to the 9k and u+ that the last gen pro-tacks were also available. This is not going to be the cheap option but if you really, really want tacks there's the option.

JR or anyone else can you verify this. It seems odd they would be making a 3 year old skate still on request.

Also what would this run 400-500? Wait could you get the Pro Tacks made with the white leather? That would be pretty damn sexy. Never mind. The Lace lock on the pros is diff from from the 992 and white that might not look as good.

Agree with wolverine if the 972 was the black body it would be better. Still pretty sexy.

JR, any official word on this? Thanks!

I was on the ice for two straight hours in my Pro Tacks last night.

One word: Amazing.

I don't care if they are heavier than current skates, they fit me perfect (and although my feet were pretty sore from breaking them in) I can skate miles better in them than most other skates out there. I've got a game tomorrow night and I'm extremely excited. CCM got it right with those skates hands down.

:D :D :D

Absolutely, if anything they could have been a little deeper fitting. Heavy, I would not concider the 06 line heavy. Infact they are very light for being such a well made and extremely durable skate.

Just got off the phone with my ccm rep after asking a few more questions, the pro tacks will not be offered as a custom skate option anymore, damnit all to hell. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

Absolutely, if anything they could have been a little deeper fitting. Heavy, I would not concider the 06 line heavy. Infact they are very light for being such a well made and extremely durable skate.

That's the thing, the 2006 Pros felt pretty light in comparison to other skates I've tried in between. Bauer 8090s didn't feel too much lighter when I gave them a spin, my Vector 10.0SEs don't really feel lighter at all whether I'm just holding them or using them on the ice, and my G35 Ultras actually felt a tad heavier. Not like it really matters anymore since the Tacks are now dead and gone, but I'd still spring my hard-earned cash any day of the week for another pair of 2006 Pro Tacks.

I have been watching this post for a week or so and all I can say is bring back the Tacks. I primarily play inline hockey and my first pair of Tacks was the early 90's version 755 Kevlar Tacks with the polished Sure-Grip H-400 chassis. Those babies were the real deal back then. After those I skated a pair of 552 Super Tacks converted to inline with a Red Star chassis and then to 652's with a Sprung chassis. Now I split my time between a pair of vintage (early 90's) 655 Tacks boots (the Chelios/Madono looking heel lock) with Sprungs and a pair of Vector 8.0's with a Sprung frame. I have tried several brands but I always seem to migrate back to the Tacks. I keep looking and hoping to find a new pair of vintage Tacks size 9.5 but every year that becomes more unlikely. From what I have heard even Chelios ran out of Tacks and had to make a switch.

Rick

I think Chelios is in Reebok now. I'm guessing that boot is a similar fit to what he had previously.

He started the season on Grafs, but I dont know what he has been wearing lately.

Just got off the phone with my ccm rep after asking a few more questions, the pro tacks will not be offered as a custom skate option anymore, damnit all to hell. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

Big mistake by CCM i.m.o

I had a pair of 655's back in the day. Spied them in a skate shop on clearance back around 1995 with the wheels and black felt tongue. I promptly took them to Westwood Sports and had Tuuks riveted in for ice play. They lasted me 3 years or so. I liked the Kevlar 952 tacks as well...

A hockey store somewhere got repossessed so the repo man acquired there inventory and sold it at dirt cheap, I picked up some pro tacks for myself, 8090's for my dad and a few synergy's, i was only young but i loved the tacks, i had a pair of 652's somewhere in there too. I'd buy a new pair tomorrow if they brought them back, need a new pair of skates soon.

I was watching the blackhawks vs avalanche game I believe last sunday. One of the refs was rocking a pair of tacks. did a triple take when I saw that. I think it was the colorado feed that showed it.

I was watching the blackhawks vs avalanche game I believe last sunday. One of the refs was rocking a pair of tacks. did a triple take when I saw that. I think it was the colorado feed that showed it.

I can beat that. At a Clarkson game a little bit ago, I caught one of the refs rocking Externos.

Nothing. Classic skate look.

It really was just a fit preference for some of us with hobbit feet.

Wide, flat, high volume feet. With a a narrow heel which really would lock in your heal if that is your foot type.

It is also an extremely durable boot. It is heavier than boots like the U+ or 0ne95 so it is a give and take.

Nothing. Classic skate look.

It really was just a fit preference for some of us with hobbit feet.

Wide, flat, high volume feet. With a a narrow heel which really would lock in your heal if that is your foot type.

It is also an extremely durable boot. It is heavier than boots like the U+ or 0ne95 so it is a give and take.

i miss them :(