Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bekster

Reebok 9K white / euro 8K white

I need new skates and got a really good deal on (2008) RBK 9ks. Nice fit, pumped them up a few times and the fit was even better, but sadly half a size too big.... and I hate the thin plastik-like tongues...

So now I'm thinking about getting this years 9K whites with the classic felt tongues, but they have to be ordered so I cant see them in person for another 3 weeks. So I have a few questions and hope you can help me:

Are the felt tongues on the 9K whites really like the thick classic bauer/Graf style tongues or are they just like the regular 9K tongues with a thin white felt layer?

If they are thick felt, are the white 9k boots deeper to compensate the thicker tongues?

Next guestion: Theres a new 8K white skate (euro only), I didnt see this skate in person yet (again..3 weeks) but i guess its probably like the 2008 RBK 7K model. Sooo.. what do you guys think of the 7K skate or, if you saw them yet, the euro 8Ks? I know the 9Ks are made in Canada and the 8Ks in China, any other differences? Is it worth to spend about 40% more for the 9Ks? 350 for the 8Ks, 550 for the 9Ks...

What ones did you order? I have 9k pumps with the extra large white felt tongues from the hockey shop, they filled quite a bit of interior space. You could also leave your stock tongues and then put white felt ones over it for a double tongue, one flop and wear the other inside your shinpad, that would fill the gap like crazy. However, the felt should be enough. I woudlnt downgrade my skates if i were you, the 9k's are a high end skate and there pretty comfortable with a decent tongue, hate the stock reebok ones too i threw them in the trash.

I went from 2007 7K to 2009 white 9Ks. The white 9K tongue is much thicker than the tongue on the 7K. But the skate fits great on my foot. Doesn't really feel like there is less volume due to the thicker tongue. Are the tongues from The Hockey Shop thick like grafs?

The Shop ordered the 9Ks and 8Ks in my size. The black 9ks with the "plastic"-tongues were nice depth-wise (1/2 size too big though), and my question is if Reebok made the white model deeper to compensate for the added thickness or if the boot itself is the same but ...white?! Probably a stupid question, though :lol:

I hope i did understand you correctly (my english is not that good..), you mean: get the black 9ks and put replacement felt tongues in (or over :D )? So the stock white felt ones on the white 9Ks/8Ks are not the classic Graf style tongues?

Any other opinions on the 2008 7Ks/ euro 8Ks?

edit: too slow for the dangler haha

dangler,do you like the new tongue? is it the real classic bauer/Graf style or just ..pseudo?

I went from 2007 7K to 2009 white 9Ks. The white 9K tongue is much thicker than the tongue on the 7K. But the skate fits great on my foot. Doesn't really feel like there is less volume due to the thicker tongue. Are the tongues from The Hockey Shop thick like grafs?

Sort of. There not quite as thick as the tongues on my g9's but there close, you could always glue a bit of white felt on the inside if you want to fix it, ive seen people cut out a piece of white felt shaped like the tongue and glue it.

nibbler, hast eine nachricht!

Leafsrule, do the felt tongues have any plastic inserts?

assuming they're the same tongues that come on the white 9k's, yes, there is a plastic lacebite insert running down the center.

assuming they're the same tongues that come on the white 9k's, yes, there is a plastic lacebite insert running down the center.

yeah my white 9K's do have the lacebite insert. One difference is The Hockey Shop have the new Reebok logo vs the RBK logo. Not sure about the lacebite on them though.

nibbler, hast eine nachricht!

Leafsrule, do the felt tongues have any plastic inserts?

They have something inserted up the middle yes, im not 100% sure what it is if its just a foam or what but it seems to cut off the lace bite pretty good, i go tongues out however so it might be different. I could take a picture if you would like?

thanks for the replys!

leafsrule: I finaly found "the hockey shop" and saw the replacement tongues!

You are talking about those, right? klick

Are they the same that come stock on the new white 9Ks? You can clearly see the plastic inside... hope i can remove it somehow...

Do you know the length difference between the S-M-L-sizes of the tongues?