Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quintin

Lace length chart

Basically in the past I've been told that 120" laces are suited for size 9 skates but they were WAY too long for my Flexlites way back in the day. Would lace length matter for different brands of skates? I'm about to buy waxed laces for my size 9 Shift 2's but don't really want to buy numerous pairs of laces before settling on the right one.

Any suggestions?

Basically in the past I've been told that 120" laces are suited for size 9 skates but they were WAY too long for my Flexlites way back in the day. Would lace length matter for different brands of skates? I'm about to buy waxed laces for my size 9 Shift 2's but don't really want to buy numerous pairs of laces before settling on the right one.

Any suggestions?

I wear size 10 skates and 108" waxed laces are perfect for me.

It's all personal preference. I use 120" laces on size 5.5 skates; I do not wrap around the ankles, but just use a triple knot. I find it easier to tighten my skates with longer laces.

Take the ones you have out of your skate and measure them, then order the size that is closest to your measurement. 108s will usually stretch to something like 112 or so.

I had a pair of Tacks that were size 10.5 and I needed to order 132" laces online for them, everything else was too short. I now wear Graf 727s in a size 10 and wear 96" laces with plenty of extra lace.

Flexlits have one less pair of eyelits than most other skates if I'm not mistaken. Also alot depends on how tight you tie your skates and how much space is between both eyelit rows when finished.

JR, is it conceivable my pro stock 10.5 one95s have a different amount of eyelets than yours?

I can only wear a minimum or 108"

Or do you think it could be the volume of my foot?

I wear 120 on a size 8. They are long, I lace all the way up to the top, but when I unlace I don't need to undo the top eyelets. When i used to use 108, I had to undo the top set. I tuck the laces into my sock, so length doesn't bother me.

I agree with the fact that it's personal preference.

I have size 9 3/4 vapor XXX's and I use 84" laces, leaving the top two eyelets undone.

JR, is it conceivable my pro stock 10.5 one95s have a different amount of eyelets than yours?

I can only wear a minimum or 108"

Or do you think it could be the volume of my foot?

I wear 10.5D one95s and 108" is the shortest I can go with skipping the top eyelet. I can see how 96" could work if you have them super tight, I lace my skates rather loosely.