Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RightOnPoint

Difference between Reebok and Bauer skates

I have been in CCM or Reebok skates all my life but after I saw the Bauer x60 skates i am really considering switching. My question is, What are the differences between the skates such as foot position and arch support ect. Is this switch advisable or could my stride, speed or long term foot comfort be compromised?

Try them on. I honestly doubt they'll fit if the RBKs fit you well, you would probably want to try a wide width. But bauers have more of an arch, and the vapors are narrower then RBKs.

Speed and stride would be fine. Fit and comfort would be my concern.

I just switched from 9k's to X60 - the Bauers are actually fairly wide. I fit an 8D in Reebok and had to go down to a 7.5 in the 60's.

Is the new x-60 etc line wider than the previous xxxx and xxv?

I just switched from 9k's to X60 - the Bauers are actually fairly wide. I fit an 8D in Reebok and had to go down to a 7.5 in the 60's.

Is the new x-60 etc line wider than the previous xxxx and xxv?

It felt like it to me, I tried on X60s in a 10D and they felt wider than my 40s in 10EE. I even could fit in a 9.5D in the X60s.

Sorry to keep reviving old threads... I just realized I havent yet looked into reebok skates, though noone has mentioned them in my quest to find a deeeeep fitting skate. Are the reeboks any deeper than supremes? Do they work well for narrow to normal heel/ankle widths? I have normal to slightly wide forefeet.

So basically I need:

-- Good heel lock for slightly narrower than avg heel/ankle

-- Slightly wide forefoot

-- Very deep instep depth

Sorry to keep reviving old threads...

Maybe you should just post some pics of your feet, and let the pros on here give you their best guess. I have a feeling you're obsessing over this.

Maybe you should just post some pics of your feet, and let the pros on here give you their best guess. I have a feeling you're obsessing over this.

I have, check my thread on CCM U+ vs supreme depth. I was told the U+ was a very deep skate, as deep if not deeper than supremes, and my foot was completely too tall for it. The tongue got all crinkled trying to go over the bone mid foot, and i barely failed the pencil test at the 2nd/3rd eyelet as well. Im not obsessing, Im trying to find a damn skate that I can skate in without crippling pain! My feet dont look like anything special in the pics, and they really arent, which confuses me as to why Im having so much trouble. It MAY be because i have somewhat short feet, and having to go down in size to accommodate that results in skates being too shallow.

Im not obsessing, Im trying to find a damn skate that I can skate in without crippling pain!

I'm not extremely knowledgeable compared to a lot of the guys on here, but since you're not a hockey player, why not look into some pleasure skates that have a soft boot? Or perhaps the lowest end flexlite? They should be forgiving enough to reduce aches and pains, since you can afford to exchange performance for comfort.

I'm not extremely knowledgeable compared to a lot of the guys on here, but since you're not a hockey player, why not look into some pleasure skates that have a soft boot? Or perhaps the lowest end flexlite? They should be forgiving enough to reduce aches and pains, since you can afford to exchange performance for comfort.

Even though I dont play hockey, I still skate pretty hard and goof around, so I would like a fairly high performance skate with good materials. I am definitely considering the Flexlite 4.0 but am concerned that it will be too wide in a D width.

Sorry to keep reviving old threads... I just realized I havent yet looked into reebok skates, though noone has mentioned them in my quest to find a deeeeep fitting skate. Are the reeboks any deeper than supremes? Do they work well for narrow to normal heel/ankle widths? I have normal to slightly wide forefeet.

So basically I need:

-- Good heel lock for slightly narrower than avg heel/ankle

-- Slightly wide forefoot

-- Very deep instep depth

Sounds to me like you need the Supreme or U+ line.

Sounds to me like you need the Supreme or U+ line.

*Sigh* Not that I expect you to have read my previous threads/posts... but Ive said many times that I have supremes and I get lacebite, and I tried on U+ and the depth was a joke. Absolutely busting out the top. It was too wide everywhere also.

But I just talked to a guy at hockeygiant and he said the Reebok 11k is the only skate with the narrow heel option, and they are generally wide like the U+ which is not good for me. The guy also told me that Vapors have a deeper instep than Supremes???? Is this true? I thought it was the other way around.

have you looked into graf skates? the Graf G70 sounds like it may fit you it has a medium heel width, and deep instep, i dont know how the fore foot is though. You can check out there skates fit on there website (http://www.grafcanada.com/hockey_skates/). if somewhere around you sells them get one of the associates to fit you properly for graf skates, and your should be laughing, although i dont have the money to afford graf's i went in and they guy at my local pro shop fitted me in a G5 skate its was incredibly comfortable, best fitting skate i've ever tried. Might be worth looking into.

have you looked into graf skates? the Graf G70 sounds like it may fit you it has a medium heel width, and deep instep, i dont know how the fore foot is though. You can check out there skates fit on there website (http://www.grafcanada.com/hockey_skates/). Might be worth looking into.

Yup Ive also talked about this. The 670 is what I would buy, the G70 is too expensive. My concern was that the ankle is cut so low that I may have support problems. Im not a super strong skater yet and have semi weak ankles, so I need some more support and Ive read that you gotta have strong ankles to skate well in those low cut Grafs. Sooooo............

*Sigh* Not that I expect you to have read my previous threads/posts... but Ive said many times that I have supremes and I get lacebite, and I tried on U+ and the depth was a joke. Absolutely busting out the top. It was too wide everywhere also.

But I just talked to a guy at hockeygiant and he said the Reebok 11k is the only skate with the narrow heel option, and they are generally wide like the U+ which is not good for me. The guy also told me that Vapors have a deeper instep than Supremes???? Is this true? I thought it was the other way around.

My bad for not reading. Are you talking new lines of supremes and U+s? I know they've changed slightly.. As far as RBKs go, I've tried 5ks and 7ks, and they felt like they had less volume than the U+s. Maybe the 11k is different? The reason I personally can't wear Reeboks is that the heel is much too wide.

My bad for not reading. Are you talking new lines of supremes and U+s? I know they've changed slightly.. As far as RBKs go, I've tried 5ks and 7ks, and they felt like they had less volume than the U+s. Maybe the 11k is different? The reason I personally can't wear Reeboks is that the heel is much too wide.

No worries. Yeah the new lines. Looks like Reebok is out............

No worries. Yeah the new lines. Looks like Reebok is out............

If it makes you feel any better my foot sounds pretty similar to yours and I got some X:40s and they fit nicely. just have to get them a half size larger than my CCM size.

If it makes you feel any better my foot sounds pretty similar to yours and I got some X:40s and they fit nicely. just have to get them a half size larger than my CCM size.

Which skates did you have problems with concerning depth? Did you try supremes, and if so do you feel vapors are deeper? The D width vapors just felt way too narrow on me when I tried them, and my LHS doesnt carry EE.

Which skates did you have problems with concerning depth? Did you try supremes, and if so do you feel vapors are deeper? The D width vapors just felt way too narrow on me when I tried them, and my LHS doesnt carry EE.

Everyone online says Supremes are deeper and wider. I tried on Supremes and just didn't like them. i couldn't tell you if it was based on the depth or not, but I liked the new Vapor fit much better. There's a world of difference in the EE vs the D width. You could try ordering them in an EE from IW.. they pay the return shipping if it doesn't work for you, after all.

Dude, i feel for ya, not being able to find a proper fit for skates...but you really need to find a shop, try skates on and find something you like, reposting questions on here in numerous "skate threads" is obviously getting you nowhere. I apologize for being blunt.

Dude, i feel for ya, not being able to find a proper fit for skates...but you really need to find a shop, try skates on and find something you like, reposting questions on here in numerous "skate threads" is obviously getting you nowhere. I apologize for being blunt.

No you are absolutely right. Ive pretty much decided what to do now. Wait for my LHS to get their grafs and flexlites in and just try them on and go from there. Its going to absolutely kill me to wait, but I have to unless I order from Bruno and do it that way. But Im sick of ordering online hahah....