Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

booyaagrandma

u+ pro reloaded skate

According to CCM, you can bake them as many times as you want. Certainly you should be able to rebake a pair that's only been baked once or twice, but I'm not sure I would trust the 'infinite' judgment.

What happens to a skate after it has been baked over the recommended times? Does the molecular structure in the boot start to break down? Does this process start happening on the 1st bake? Does it get solid and unmoldable?

What happens to a skate after it has been baked over the recommended times? Does the molecular structure in the boot start to break down? Does this process start happening on the 1st bake? Does it get solid and unmoldable?

While that may be probable, I would guess that the larger issue would be the effect on the epoxy binding. Why would someone need to bake more than twice....before coming to the clear conclusion that a boot didn't fit properly?

While that may be probable, I would guess that the larger issue would be the effect on the epoxy binding. Why would someone need to bake more than twice....before coming to the clear conclusion that a boot didn't fit properly?

Good point, I just had some pressure after the first bake and wanted to see how many times I could bake safely.

make sure u bake em for at least 5 mins so they get really soft...

i got them baked 3 times....

first 2 times they were baked about 3 mins..didnt do the job...

3rd time, 7 mins.....skate was soooo soft, molded to my foot perfectly and i have been happy ever since...

3rd time, 7 mins.....skate was soooo soft, molded to my foot perfectly and i have been happy ever since...

Wow ! 5 mins ? The guy from CCM said 2 to 3 ?

trust me, that's what the customer service rep is saying to you, he's just reading off the instructions he has on his computer....

i got mine fitted by a pro

u wont regret it...check my posts on all my troubles with the U+

the thing that worked for me was baking for longer....the skates should be super soft after they come out, so they can really form ur foot

Zinger are you baking your skates at home or having it done at a LHS? I've heard that if you bake them in a normal cooking oven, they need to go longer bc the heating elements are farther away from the skate. That being said I'm pretty sure that when I had mine done (at a LHS), they were in longer than the 3 minutes it said on the box.

I called CCM and they did'nt recommend going past 3 bakes on these skates with a 24hr cool off period at room temp in between.

Huh. I guess the lit I read was written exclusively by the marketing department.

Zinger are you baking your skates at home or having it done at a LHS? I've heard that if you bake them in a normal cooking oven, they need to go longer bc the heating elements are farther away from the skate. That being said I'm pretty sure that when I had mine done (at a LHS), they were in longer than the 3 minutes it said on the box.

not at home, regular skate oven at lhs

as crazy as it sounds, let them bake a little longer. When we did my sons (in the pro shop) we left them in for almost 7 minutes @ 180. They came out so soft I thought they were ruined, but they molded perfectly with no damage. The boot was soft enough that I could almost hand mold the boot and the foam inside expanded perfectly. After cooling for 24 hours he wore them with no hot spots, tight spots, etc. They came out perfect for him

yup, once.....

but the guy baked them before for only 3 mins, they werent hot enough and the skates didnt mold as well as they should have because of it....

once i got them heated for 7 mins and fitted by a true expert, no problems ever since.

I just tried these on and am tempted to buy them, but need some advice. I had a pretty decent pressure point on the outside of my foot at about the midway point and some slight pain in my arches. Is baking very likely to take care of those problems? If the pressure point is not corrected, can you punch these out like a normal skate?

I am using these and I had pressure on the same spots. What helped me was: baking for longer time(6 mins @175 degrees), had them punched a little for the outside pressure point, punched some for the arch area and I used Shockdoctor footbeds instead of my Superfeet. If you buy them try just doing the baking first and see how they feel from there. Do minor tweaks one by one til it feels better.

I just tried these on and am tempted to buy them, but need some advice. I had a pretty decent pressure point on the outside of my foot at about the midway point and some slight pain in my arches. Is baking very likely to take care of those problems? If the pressure point is not corrected, can you punch these out like a normal skate?

I had that kind of pain point on my bauer one75's . i cut out a small piece of thin foam and placed it under my sock right where it hurt. heated up the spot on the skate a just a little with a heat gun and put the skate on for 5 minutes.

All is well now. Just don't melt the skate and burn your foot.

Hey guys... considering buying pair of these. I've checked out the catalogs and done some searching, but do you think these a=would be a nice or big upgrade from Vector 10.0s. If so, what do you think is better about them.

Also, I might need to try home baking them (I know it's risky, but I live close to 4 hours from the nearest LHS). Anyone think I'm crazy to consider it if I go on the lighter end of it and search carefully for instructions.

Thanks in advance!

Edit. I'd be getting them in the same width/size as my Vecotr 10.0s, which fit pretty well without baking.