Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamstercaster

Pro Stock Bauer Stick

Hi, I would have the possibility to buy a Bauer Pro Stock Hockey Stick custom made and colored for a junior hockey team, namely the Ottawa 67's. The only information I have is the name of the ottawa 67's player, the curve patterns and that it's a custom made Pro Stock stick seen on a sticker that's on the blade. However, there is nothing as to what model of Bauer stick it is. XXX, XXXX, XXV, One90, who knows. There are some numbers on the sticker however and perhaps they mean something.

The numbers on the sticker are as follow: 1028078, 82968, P12 and 0133. I don't know if that means anything to you guys.

thanks for any help or info you can give me

Thanks but the blade pattern is not much of a problem as I know most of them and they have pictures of the different curves. What I'm after is what Bauer stick it is. The price is really good it seems but it all depends on the model. I'm not sure if they are this year's stick or last year, that in itself would probably help me eliminate some models. I think that they are probably XX or XXX as I just found out they are from the 2005-2006 season.

Do Comp stick deteriorate over time even if unused?

545021_DSC07126.jpg

e886_12.JPG

Thanks

Are they worth 80$ though...

I just read reviews on the XX here and they are good so I'm inclined to think that 80$ could be worth it and would more than likely perform as well as my Bauer XXV which costs 200$ here

What number did you call and/or find out? I have 2 one95s (both PM9s and both 95 flex) that have the same information but I think they feel different. Lately I'm chalking this up to my own head, but it's lingering a bit.

They have the same weave and, by my own comparison by holding them, weigh the same.

dsc01744v.jpgdsc01745oj.jpg

I didn't call Bauer, I had sent the seller a question on Ebay and he replied saying they were Bauer XX. The problem is that while inquiring he told me he had my curve pattern and has now replied that he doesn't so I'm not sure if I'll get them anymore or not specially that I could get a X60 for a 150$ or less here in the classifieds, brand new, so my money may be much better spent on a X60 than a 2005-2006 Vapor XX

I cant compare the 2 because ive never used an x60, but if you can get a usable flex and curve in the XX, then I'd recomend them. I bought mine off the same guy a while back, hes good to deal. I thought the sticks themselves had a great feel, but were just too stiff for me.

On Vapor XX Repaints if you pulled the end plug out there used to be a yellow label inside that would say either VAPOR XX or VAPOR XXX. I think after that they moved to the numbers on the shaft, so depending on how old these are you could always get the seller to check that way.

I cant compare the 2 because ive never used an x60, but if you can get a usable flex and curve in the XX, then I'd recomend them. I bought mine off the same guy a while back, hes good to deal. I thought the sticks themselves had a great feel, but were just too stiff for me.

The guy selling them is not TSR though, it's Sports-n-hockey. He has 100% feedback so that doesn't worry me. I'm having the same problem you had though. He only has 102 Flex sticks and that will be stoo stiff for me. I'm used to 40kps Reeboks or Bauer in the 87 flex. I presently have a Bauer XXV which is said here to be the replacement of sorts of the Bauer XX. I put a 4 inch butt end to it so I figure that the flex has gone down to what, 82 maybe and I love it that way. I had to add the butt end because I went with a PM9 curve and had to add a bit of lenght to my stick to feel confortable with it. Sportchek is selling the XXV for 99 bucks now so I'll probably go that route instead of the old 2005-2006 Ottawa 67's model the guy is selling. When you factor in shipping, it's a bit cheaper to get the Bauer XXV. But I'm still waiting for some news from the guy selling the X60. Problem is that the guy is selling sticks about half the price, brand new RH and LH including X60, One95 and Easton S17's.. all brand new from his home. I have a feeling that the guy steals them somewhere, somehow and I certainly will not encourage a thief.

I got mine from the same guy, wasn't called Sports-n-Hockey back then but I see that he is now. Seems to have an unlimited supply of vapor 20s :P for what its worth, i use warrior 95 flex and the 102 flex vapor 20s were way to stiff for me. I think you've made a good choice :)

ok, cool. Now that I found the XXV at a great price at Sportchek, it's all coming down to them having my blade pattern and flex as opposed to those XX's who don't come in my flex or blade pattern although I could have settled for the P12

The guy selling them is not TSR though, it's Sports-n-hockey. He has 100% feedback so that doesn't worry me. I'm having the same problem you had though. He only has 102 Flex sticks and that will be stoo stiff for me. I'm used to 40kps Reeboks or Bauer in the 87 flex. I presently have a Bauer XXV which is said here to be the replacement of sorts of the Bauer XX. I put a 4 inch butt end to it so I figure that the flex has gone down to what, 82 maybe and I love it that way. I had to add the butt end because I went with a PM9 curve and had to add a bit of lenght to my stick to feel confortable with it. Sportchek is selling the XXV for 99 bucks now so I'll probably go that route instead of the old 2005-2006 Ottawa 67's model the guy is selling. When you factor in shipping, it's a bit cheaper to get the Bauer XXV. But I'm still waiting for some news from the guy selling the X60. Problem is that the guy is selling sticks about half the price, brand new RH and LH including X60, One95 and Easton S17's.. all brand new from his home. I have a feeling that the guy steals them somewhere, somehow and I certainly will not encourage a thief.

The wooden butt ends don't reduce the flex, they make the stick stiffer...

No. When you increase length, you lessen stiffness.

No. When you increase length, you lessen stiffness.

You mean the length of the end? Interesting, I always heard that it makes it much stiffer

Think of a pry bar as the stick and your hand as the fulcrum, the longer the bar the easier the work is. Same applies to a stick, the longer the stick the easier the work, and less force is required thus a softer flex.

The stick is definitly whippier since I have put the butt end into it. Keep in mind that it is a 4 inch butt end approximatly and I felt the change right away when i first flexed the stick after inserting the plug in it.