Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zillafan37

Favorite Gloves

As kind of an older dude, I'll give a top 5'ish as I've been around a while and am an admitted glove whore...

1. Cooper Techniflex (These guys started my glove whoring. I am on pair number 3 and still rocking them these days too. I've had a pair of these in the rotation since 1997.)

2. Ferland 3400 circa 1994 with the digi grip palm (If you ask me, these gloves were the Eagle/MIA/Warrior gloves of their time. It seemed like everybody had them and they were just great gloves.)

3. Easton Synergy Pro stock 4 rolls (These have been my go-to gloves for the past couple of seasons, just a solid glove. You really can't go wrong with a pair of these.)

4. Mission 714 Glove with the reversible cuffs (These gloves had way too short of a life span but I absolutely loved them. Mission stopped making them before I could get a second pair. The idea was you could swap the cuffs to match either your handedness (righty or lefty) or go with a high cuff or low cuff depending on your preference. Justin really needs to go digging through his garage and find a leftover pair to sell to me.)

5. Mission Wicked Light Gloves (Super duper comfy, extra wide and roomy cuff, three finger design, extremely breathable, just a great, great roller hockey glove. Again, if Justin has a pair laying around his garage or basement I'd love to buy a pair. Mission had some great concepts with their gloves, dunno what has happened lately though.)

Honorable Mentions:

-Graf 300/3300: Again the Eagle/MIA/Warrior of their time. If you were playing hockey in the late 80's early 90's chances are you or multiple guys on your team had these.

-Easton GX1350: Some company needs to re-design these with current materials and make them available to the public (and GX9500's for Mike Modano). I'd probably still have a pair of these if it wasn't for a botched re-palming job that brought me to trade them in to a Play-It-Again sports. Sacrilege, I know.

-Nike-Bauer 4 Rolls: I've always wanted a pair of the old Cooper gloves that guys like Pavel Bure used, the ones with 'Air Roll' I think it was called. Probably never going to find a pair so the Nike-Bauer 4 rolls fill this void. Probably better that way since the current 4-rolls have a full nylon shell and split fingers.

I love my Mission Fuel 130's. Very comfortable.

29_product_fuel%20130.JPG

However, I can't stand gloves that have the palm finger stitching on the inside (the extra material left after the palm and glove are sewn together)...if I try on a pair and my fingers rub up against that material, I won't buy them, which excludes a lot of gloves for me.

As far as protection goes, I've never really had a problem.

Durability wise, I've had to resew one of the fingers about a week after I got them and the palm on my top hand is starting to wear a bit, but I'd still buy them again if I could.

Anyone care to comment on how the Bauer 4 rolls compare to the Sher-Wood 9950s? I am close to having to replace some gloves. I have big hands and even with 15" gloves, I've had trouble with my fingers running up to the end of the glove. Have had good luck with Sher-Woods in the past and bad luck with Eastons (the Easton construction was good, but the fingers just didn't work). Am currently in an incredibly cheaply constructed pair of Warriors. Great fit; unconsciounably bad construction.

By the way, why is this thread not in the equipment forum?

I have elbow pads with no slash protection, and i'm one of those weird people who prefer HUGE gloves, so a 15" CCM Pro-Tacks has been my best pair. Lightweight yet moveable.

I have to go with my current gloves; Warrior Creepers. very comfortable and so far they have lasted 2 seasons of being on the ice 4-5 times a week.

My Easton Synergy Pro Stocks are awesome. Super light and great protection...I like them so much I have 3 pairs of Malakhov returns just in case ;)

After I showed a few team mates the gloves some went and got their own pairs of Rangers Pro returns off Ebay too.

Easton GX1350s/9500s; TPS HG1; Easton Z-Air/Synergy pro stocks; Warrior Franchise. If I could remember the model, I'd list the Jofas (mid-90s) that had the angled backrolls and digital palms.

Another vote for the Ferlands, I had mine repalmed like 3 times, there was no exterior dye left on them the last time, the back off the hand actually dried out is the only reason I replaced them, sice then best gloves were XXXX Pro stocks, and Eagle x-70's, actually just ordered another pair before the quit making them.

I had a new pair of Warrior Pro Series (Perani's exclusive apparently) that were super comfortable, but I popped a stitch the first time that I used them and now they're in warranty purgatory. Supposedly Warrior is sending me a pair of Franchise gloves as a replacement. Right now I'm using Eagle Custom Pros that are relatively comfortable, a little bit loose, but I didn't have to deal with a lot of break in. In a perfect world, I probably would have purchased a pair of Eagle PPFs, one of the most comfortable pairs of gloves that I've ever put on.

Favorite Gloves:

Reebok 9k Rangers Pro Return

Pros:

Matches my hs jersey spectacularly | best protection I've experiened | fit my hands well | They've held up well so far

Cons:

Nash palm leaves much to be desired

I've been through Easton and bauer 4 rolls, bauer xx's and xxx's. I really liked the xxx's till my dog chewed one of the fingers off, but the last year and a half I've been using Eagle tufftek x72's and they are probably the best gloves ever and the MSH2 palms still feel brand new and amazingly soft.

hands down bauer 4 rolls. I've tried vapors(xxxx and xxx), supremes, ppf, x72, 9ks, and mb22, but I've always go back to 4 rolls. I would like to try some Franchise gloves when I find a pair for cheap.

another pair to the list

flite 3300 pro model (4 roll design)

14 inches with a dual layer nash palm

great puck feel, ready to go right out of the bag...very very very comfortable.