Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noodle3872

Jonathan Toews - The new face of Bauer Hockey

The Hockey News - July 5, 2010 Edition states;

"Crosby recently agreed to the largest endorsement deal in NHL history and is the face of Reebok; Toews will soon be named the lead pitchman for Bauer Hockey."

At this time, I can't imagine a more impactful player to make the face of your hockey company than Toews. He's a winner at every level and will likely continue to improve.

What do you think, is the signing good for Bauer Hockey?

Mike

Good for them.

Come to think of it, they were rather weak in the "poster boy" contest.

Although they sell nevertheless :)

Bummer for Warrior, considering I just saw on here that the Warrior Draper curve was being renamed the Toews.

Ridiculous how quick he went from Easton to Warrior to Bauer.

Toews will definitely be a great face for Bauer Hockey. I don't know if he'll have the same draw as Sidney, but still a very positive role model for Bauer. It may seem that he's been jumping ship from Easton to Warrior and now to Bauer, but I'm sure that all of his moves have been both upward and very lucrative.

The kid is the real deal. I think its a smart move by Bauer, let's see if he stays now..

Toews is enjoying some pretty sweet success right now.

Stanley Cup, MVP, NHL 11 posterboy and Bauer's new posterboy.

I love it for him, he's a solid hockey player and a young leader, and is handling all the publicity well.

Can't ask for much more out of this guy right now.

Toews is enjoying some pretty sweet success right now.

Stanley Cup, MVP, NHL 11 posterboy and Bauer's new posterboy.

I love it for him, he's a solid hockey player and a young leader, and is handling all the publicity well.

Can't ask for much more out of this guy right now.

No kidding. What a year: Stanley Cup; Conn Smythe; Gold Medal; and voted as the Olympic most outstanding offensive player. Has ANY hockey player won all those awards in a single year before?

That a boy, Toews! Good for him! As a Bauer fan & a Hawks fan, I gotta say good move for Bauer.

I still have the same question as others...Easton with a sudden move to Wah wah...now to Bauer in the span of a season? Bauer better lock him in before Toews goes to CCM. :blink::wacko:

Alright not so much related but is he going to be the new name on the pm9 curve or has that already been decided and now who is warrior going to rename the draper curve after or are they just going to keep it draper?

Alright not so much related but is he going to be the new name on the pm9 curve or has that already been decided and now who is warrior going to rename the draper curve after or are they just going to keep it draper?

i was expecting seguin to take the PM9, but now it very well could be toews and probably will be.

Don't forget about Stamkos.

On the bauer site I believe the p91 is called the stamkos at this point. It would make sense to put his name on something that is available and not just special order. (this is the p91 not the p91 a)

How much do big name players get paid for endorsements?

Crosby just signed a deal with Reebok for 1.4 million a year, I would imagine Toews would be in that neighborhood.

Smart move. If Stamkos, Richards/Carter played for the Blackhawks or another rather well-liked team, maybe you look to them but they picked a great horse in a great town. Crosby(and PIT) and Ovechkin(and WS) get their share of hate, but who really hates Toews(and CHI)? Not a whole lot of people. So now Bauer have gold-medalist Toews and silver-medalist Kane on the Stanley Cup winning Blackhawks, seems like pure win to me... unless Toews hits a slump and grabs for the Warrior or Easton gear.

as lame as this sounds, and as much flak as I may receive for saying this another reason to support Bauer.

Crosby just signed a deal with Reebok for 1.4 million a year, I would imagine Toews would be in that neighborhood.

NOT A CHANCE... sorry for yelling but the two players are on completely different levels. I love Toews..serious hockey crush. He is an outstanding hockey player with tremendous upside.

Max deal might be 500,000 if he managed to hit every bonus. Which might include the Hart, Art Ross, Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup.

I seriously doubt he fulfills the life of any deal. He uses what he likes and makes him feel comfortable ---> See other posts mentioning his past history of brand flops.

as lame as this sounds, and as much flak as I may receive for saying this another reason to support Bauer.

you just created the new defiinition of lame. You think brand support should be based on a company (likely) overpaying an athlete at once he hits superstar status? Only thing missing from Toews season is major regaular season hardware.

This is likely more about maximizing money, than actual brand choice. As potential superstar he opted for other brands before Bauer. It would be different if Bauer signed him to a large contract based on the pressumtion that he was a budding superstud.