Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XveritasX

New Vapor XXX Lite Stick ID help

So Sportchek now has gotten in brand new Vapor XXX lite's and Vapor XXXX hockey sticks. I assume they will have various sales on them just like the Stealths they used to have. When looking at the XXX lite though they had one listed with the Kane pattern, which I thought was odd seeing as it should be called Lindros with a stick that old. So I am wondering if anyone knows how I could tell if these are real XXX lites or maybe repaints of a different stick. If you need any photo's let me know and I will take them. Also just in case ff anyone is interested in them they had 77, 85, 95, 102 flex and various curves including the p89 and one other non traditional bauer retail curves.

They were at the londonderry sportcheck in Edmonton. My friend was working when I stopped by and showed me them, they apparently just got them in that day. There is suppose to be a sale on them soon, I forget when but within the next few weeks.

XXX Lites with a Kane pattern?

Who knows with Bauer now. With them repainting One90s and pawning them off as One95s, it wouldn't surprise me if they were repainting current sticks as something else based simply on the fact that they know people loved them (kinda nostalgic, just like the original Stealths). I'm not saying that's the case, but it's a possibility. There's just no way they'd have sticks that old with current names.

Confirming veritas...

There is a rumour based on employee's viewing of the flyer on another forum RFD that sportchek will be having these on sale within the next week or two (Aug 4). Vapor XXXX for $120 and XXX lite for $100. So keep an eye out.

Search it up if you are interested, b/c i don't know if i can link things here.

I didn't see the XXXX's, but I saw the XXX Lites today in Ottawa, but I don't think that's what they really are. They felt heavier than I remember the XXX Lite being, and they didn't seem very well balanced. I never owned a XXX Lite, but I think I've fondled enough hockey sticks in stores to remember. And same deal with the current names on the patterns. They had a P89 (I think with Backstrom's name on it).

my buddy picked up two of them. they are dont feel the same as the xxx lite i had a few years ago. personally i think they are vapor xxv's repainted. they are still a good deal. also i remember years ago when i worked at sport chek, we had si-cores. a bunch of them came back broken, and there was no sign of that green strip in the blade. the blade was actually three rib contruction simular to the ST.

when forzani brought in all the "stealths" the barcode said something like "misc. composite" then either RH or LH. that usually indicates that Sport Chek bought misc. sticks at a certain price, not caring what model they were. in order to keep the LHS happy, the manufacturer paints them in an older/obsolete graphics package to spare them any price adjustments on current models, and the typical sport chek shopper has no idea what they're buying anyways, so it benefits everyone... except for the consumer who thinks they're buying a XXX (Lite) when really it could be anything. if they were genuine XXX or XXX Lite, you bet your LHS would be all over them, knowing how much people liked them.

I didn't see the XXXX's, but I saw the XXX Lites today in Ottawa, but I don't think that's what they really are. They felt heavier than I remember the XXX Lite being, and they didn't seem very well balanced. I never owned a XXX Lite, but I think I've fondled enough hockey sticks in stores to remember. And same deal with the current names on the patterns. They had a P89 (I think with Backstrom's name on it).

Where in Ottawa?

Well I checked out the XXXX's and the XXX's today, the XXX I had actually felt pretty well balanced, better than the XXXX thats for sure. I am going to have to check the other local sportcheks and see if they have any different curves. The one close to me only had the Gagne in the flex I want, would love to find a Staal or backstrom.

So how can we confirm that these are true XXX Lites? Preferably before buying them...

Given Shotty's knowledge of the situation and the fact that XXX Lites are such an old stick now, you can bet that they're not the real deal.

when forzani brought in all the "stealths" the barcode said something like "misc. composite" then either RH or LH. that usually indicates that Sport Chek bought misc. sticks at a certain price, not caring what model they were. in order to keep the LHS happy, the manufacturer paints them in an older/obsolete graphics package to spare them any price adjustments on current models, and the typical sport chek shopper has no idea what they're buying anyways, so it benefits everyone... except for the consumer who thinks they're buying a XXX (Lite) when really it could be anything. if they were genuine XXX or XXX Lite, you bet your LHS would be all over them, knowing how much people liked them.

Any time you see something out of the ordinary at sport chek, just assume it's an SMU and not the real thing.

The sticks are the real thing from Bauer. Real XXXX and XXX Lites, not SMU. They will be on sale during the month of August...keep an eye out for them.

tell me how Bauer suddenly has enough stock in the XXX Lite and XXXX to supply an entire nationwide chain... and how names like backstrom and kane are on the shafts.

if anyone has picked up these sticks can you get a scale and weigh them?, that may help identify what it really is, or at the least tell us what it is not.

The sticks are the real thing from Bauer. Real XXXX and XXX Lites, not SMU. They will be on sale during the month of August...keep an eye out for them.

What is your source on this information?

as an aside a few months ago, the sportchek here in mississauga had 2 original Vapor XXX's (red/navy) in Lindros...probably leftovers from years past

tell me how Bauer suddenly has enough stock in the XXX Lite and XXXX to supply an entire nationwide chain... and how names like backstrom and kane are on the shafts.

this is a good point.

XXXlites were still Naslunds and Lindros's...

it could be old stock

but XXXX's could possibly have Backstrom/Kane on the nameplate

Checked some out today all 102 flex xxx-lites some with pm9 right handed and forgot the other curves for the left lol there were also vapor xxxx but didn't touch em at all. the vapor XXX-lites felt pretty light in hands just a bit off balance..

Will they be having this sale online too or just in stores? I would love to get some vapor 40's, cant find them anywhere but I dont live in canada.