Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XveritasX

New Vapor XXX Lite Stick ID help

Will they be having this sale online too or just in stores? I would love to get some vapor 40's, cant find them anywhere but I dont live in canada.

yeah same here

the sports exchange in Vancouver has quite a few XXXXs, give them a shout, they definitely will do business with u.s. americans

I've felt the SC xxx lite's and I am certain they're not the original ones. They are much boxier and poorly balanced. The xxxx's on the other hand felt pretty legit. I was also told that the first week of August the xxx's will be on sale for 99, xxxx's for 119.99. Hope that helps.

XXX lite's are my fav stick ever, certainly not the most durable but great balance-feel and a terrific shooting stick. Liking XXX lites this much had me at Sport Chek stores last night hoping to find a few I liked; hoping to find a friendly manager that would put my choices aside till the sale starts. Waste of time, the sticks I inspected are definetly not XXX lites.

My guess, Bauer painted up XV1's in this paint scheme as SMU's for Forzani?

They are real XXX Lites/XXXXs.

Not SMUs.

We all respect your input JR, but any proof? This seems too good to be true lol

I guess if we can't trust your input, we can't trust anyone else's either. Fair enough, I hope this is a nation-wide distribution. Any XXX-lites or XXXX's in 77 flex anyone? :P

edit: alrite, it's NOT an opinion :P

I think the reason people think the xxx lite feels different than they remember is because it is such an old stick..when it was out it felt really good but now that technology has advanced and newer stuff has been out it doesnt feel the same. I felt the same way when I pick up one of my original synergy's, back in the day they felt incredible but now they are outdated.

Checked these out today. Felt right, P88 name was not listed, P91A Stall , P92 Backstroms in 87 or 102 flex. The guys there had no idea where they came from or how they were acquired. I asked about a sale, he kinda said no but wasn't really sure about it.

XXX lites were always blade heavy. Their reputation has gone up over the years, don't know why. I thought they sucked and were too brittle. The Vapor XXX was a better stick, IMO.

well the Sportchek here in Mississauga has about 6 XXX-lites and a bunch of XXXX's which were old stock. The manager I asked said the XXX-lites were true and that Bauer...painted them? They were all grip, 102 flex and P88 KANE, which was what everyone else had been saying as well

Bauer had the materials to manufacture the XXX Lites and the XXXX and painted them the same except the pattern names, they are just updated (same curves, ya'll know that retail curves don't really change, just the name).

I have information because of my job, I work as a hockey purchasing analyst. Everything I hear is straight from the national vendor reps.

why on EARTH would they use materials that are still probably used in the current line to make sticks to old spec and with old graphics. that is ridiculous.

If they would remake the old XXX instead of the XXX Lites, I'd be way more interested. The original XXX was a way better stick, IMO.

They didn't; they are old sticks. Trust JR on this one and roll with it...

Thank you!

The Management :biggrin:

I trust the hell out of JR. this most recent explanation is just absurd and obviously not in line with what JR said.

If they would remake the old XXX instead of the XXX Lites, I'd be way more interested. The original XXX was a way better stick, IMO.

Vapor XXX was an Innovative product, XXX lite was not.

For those who are in toronto...I went to the sportchek @ eaton centre and not to my surprise after reading this thread on and off...they had xxx lites and xxxx sticks in stock on the racks and perhaps even more in the back.

I spoke to one of the reps and he said they just got it in recently. The sticker price on the xxxlites are 170 while the xxxxs were 200...but the sale hasn't started yet

on the racks....

for the lefties

XXX lites - pm88 - kane on the stick in various flexes

XXX lites - p02 - kronwall in 112 flex

XXXX - p89 patterns in 95 flex

for the righties...

XXX lites and XXXX in p91a staal patterns, 87 flex for both IIRC.

xxxlites had stickum and the xxxx were clear

Even more reason to bring it back.

for the righties...

P91a would seem to indicate that these are a new production run as that curve was not available on the original XXXlite

P91a would seem to indicate that these are a new production run as that curve was not available on the original XXXlite

It could be a "P91a" just stamped P91a instead of P91, more old patterns but new names.

For those who are in toronto...I went to the sportchek @ eaton centre and not to my surprise after reading this thread on and off...they had xxx lites and xxxx sticks in stock on the racks and perhaps even more in the back.

I spoke to one of the reps and he said they just got it in recently. The sticker price on the xxxlites are 170 while the xxxxs were 200...but the sale hasn't started yet

on the racks....

for the lefties

XXX lites - pm88 - kane on the stick in various flexes

XXX lites - p02 - kronwall in 112 flex

XXXX - p89 patterns in 95 flex

for the righties...

xxxlites had stickum and the xxxx were clear

I called and the guy confirmed in that, he doesn't know if there's a sale on the XXXlites or XXXX's, but there is a hockey sale coming up on the 4th

I called and the guy confirmed in that, he doesn't know if there's a sale on the XXXlites or XXXX's, but there is a hockey sale coming up on the 4th

Can us south of the border order one of these off the net?