Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barts66

Tape that the pros use

Just wondering--I recently picked up a pros stick and the tape seemed thicker and had more width than standard hockey tape. Anyone know what they use?

In an NHL lockerroom a couple weeks back I counted 3 brands of black cloth tape, a couple of them in multiple widths. I guess at that level, they'll get you whatever you want.

Depends on what the team buys. I know that the Canucks just get regular Renfrew cloth tape. In all different widths.

Or some guys use the super tacky grip tape for the butt/handle.

Thanks, the butt of the stick looked like it was taped with a special kind of tape that was sticky on both sides...

Well although I can't help with the cloth tape but I know that the Blackhawks have Jaybird clear tape. That stuff is amazing.

Most teams have multiple kinds of tape. The Lightning added comp-o-stick and Sportstape cloth tape because it's what Malone and Stamkos prefer, there is no set pro tape brand.

After working a season with the PR department of the Kings, I've found they use Comp-o-stick for black, white, and clear tape.

After working a season with the PR department of the Kings, I've found they use Comp-o-stick for black, white, and clear tape.

What about the purple tape? And is it available anywhere?

I've purchased the extra wide tape in Vancouver before at Sportmart. I've searched for it in Socal and non of the stores carry it on a regular basis.

Has anyone given blood recently? Because the tape they use to wrap your arm after also works wonders for the butt end of the stick. Not sure if thats what you guys mean by friction tape that sticks to itself. Cause its not actually sticky.... I think it works more like Velcro to be honest.

Has anyone given blood recently? Because the tape they use to wrap your arm after also works wonders for the butt end of the stick. Not sure if thats what you guys mean by friction tape that sticks to itself. Cause its not actually sticky.... I think it works more like Velcro to be honest.

That's more like power flex.

Ya, They sell stuff like that pretty much wherever..http://www.totalhockey.net/Product.aspx?itm_id=4784&div_id=1...same as the stuff they wrap around your arm but not as wide