Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jsmells

Shops in Southeast Michigan

I recently tried Louis at Skate Pros in Waterford and he did a nice job sharpening my skates. Only sells laces, tape and some used gear but he seems to have a good reputation for good sharpening.

for the time i was living in royal oak i found that SkateWorks was the most consistant at producing a good edge. now that i have moved to southgate, i am going to be giving the guys at the Ice Box a shot. Peranis is still hit or miss at every location, but sometimes works for me in a pinch.

Anyone have experience with Perfect Edge in Howell?

decent selection stick wise, maybe it was just me but for skates they seem to really wanna sell you grafs. (i went with 709s anyways but it seems like i had to argue with them to grab me a different brand to try) do NOT let them work on skates. had them put some LS2's on said 709s and it was brutal, holders were too big and the logos were different colors on them (yes not the biggest deal but still)

oh, and skate works also did my profile, although it was a little different than the pre printed tag one, it worked very well for me.

Depends on your willingness to drive but the best sharpening I've found is Executive edge, Guys name is Mike does them out of his house in Troy. Edges are always even and have never had an issue. He does do custom profiles based on your skating tendencies and will adjust them after you've skated on them. Unfortunately, all he does is skates I wish he had a legit shop dude spends a lot of time with each customer when you need advice on steel or profile etc. He does not believe in FBV though.