Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dumbpolak9

RBK 9K ASD Senior Hockey Shin Guards

I bought these pads blindly without ever trying a rbi pad before and i do like them a lot.

They are wide and may be bulky, but the high level protection is there. The removable liner feels good and comfy. Although i am not a d man nor do I take it upon myself to block shots, the shots that I have taken are non existent. I have been slashed in the calf wrap area and never felt any pain. I also have been In a knee on knee scenario and I am out on top lol.

I have a pair. They are more pad then you will ever need. I play defense with them, they're nice and wide. I've blocked a few shots with them as well, I barely feel a thing when I have.

I love my 9Ks and would love to pick up a back-up pair for when mine aren't in good shape anymore.

Can't say enough good things about 9K shin pads. Extremely protective and light, nice fit and washable inside liner pads. Superior calf and side of knee pad anotomical padding. A steal at sixty bucks. Only bad thing I can say is they do tend to be a slight bit on the bulky side but that's just something you adjust to.

I can't imagine a better pad for a shot blocking defenseman. I used to just buy whatever was cheap and fit me... I was then getting bruised from wrist shots dead on my shin. That was unacceptable. I got the 9K's for $90 and I have NEVER had any issue with them whatsoever. Simple dual-strap design, doesn't come undone or fall apart. As long as you air out the pads (and take out the removable piece when they're really sweaty) you shouldn't have a problem with thread falling apart. I've taken very hard slapshots point blank to the shins and felt next to nothing. Never been in pain once since using these.

So, it's fair to say that I like them.

At $60, it's a no brainer.

But, as everyone else has said, they're a tad bulky. But, as a shot blocking defenseman, that's a plus.

yup, everything made in china is crap. :looks at almost everything in my house:

agreed^, if you think MIC is crap, take a look at 90% of the things in your house

It seems many ppl are buying the 9k at its retail clearance price of ~$99 in my area. That should say something, as every shop i've been to I have not seen one on the shelf even though it has been advertised on the web and print.

It took me maybe an hour's skate to get adjusted to the width of the pads, as my stride would interfere with the pads touching each other in some manner. It went away quickly though.

IMO the Rbk 9k shin is the best shin pad I have ever had. I block a ton of shots and after 4 years of having them still work like new.

IMO the Rbk 9k shin is the best shin pad I have ever had. I block a ton of shots and after 4 years of having them still work like new.

I would have bought them at $110 if my LHS would have had my size in stock or even online as they offer both options (Pro Hockey Life). I bought CCM V10 instead which are also bulky which I like as I'm a shot blocking defenseman and I have big legs. The calf wrap is also very good on the V10 so it was a good option for me to fall back on given the fact that they didn't have the 9K in my size.

If you can't get the 9K's the V10's are a great substitute. It's made by The Hockey Company (essentially CCM/Reebok ) and has the same high end features but the plastic on the front of the CCM pads are perforated to allow a bit of more ventilation. I have the V08's which are one level down from the 10's and find them every bit as protective and comfortable as my Jofa 8090's. (which are about the same level pad as the 9K's)

For what it's worth, tonight was my first game with the V10s and although I can't review them, at least I can say that the strapping system works well. Unfortunatly I did not block any shots tonight. I love the calf wrap on these too as they go around pretty much all of my calf. If I wasn't such a fat ass with legs shaped like a ham they'd go all around. They are bulky but did not get in my way. I'm used to fairly bulky pads as my Itechs were somewhat bulky although not as much as these ones though. The mission Fuel 90 I bought 4 months ago are tiny next to these. So again, you may want to check these out if they are all out of 9Ks. They are on clearance in my area so they could be in your area too!

My S-17's didn't dent but let go at the rivets that hold the padding to the hard outer shell. Found a few cracks from shot blocks as well. Surprising the Easton high end pads aren't holding up well in the long run. I'm sticking to Reebok or CCM from here on in when it comes to shin pads because they've held up best for me personally.

My S-17's didn't dent but let go at the rivets that hold the padding to the hard outer shell. Found a few cracks from shot blocks as well. Surprising the Easton high end pads aren't holding up well in the long run. I'm sticking to Reebok or CCM from here on in when it comes to shin pads because they've held up best for me personally.

From ppl I've spoken to that wear Easton shin pads, they usually are disappointed with it's protection. I've seen some nasty bruises from ppl wearing them when shot blocking.

well I've had Easton st6's for about 4 years and loved them but it was time to "upgrade" but with the st6's i didnt feel anything. it must be easton's lower end equip is better then top of the line