Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pmr149

blue tape on top

its not renfrew grip tape, it's sportstape like tblfan said. grip tape is a little more rubbery, sticky, harsher on gloves and lasts longer. gauze tape is thinner when stretched, doesnt wear out the palms as much, but needs to be reapplied after every game. i swear by it.

edit: tbl edited to confirm what i posted. thank you sir. i have both at home and will post a pic of the difference if anyone cares to see.

its not renfrew grip tape, it's sportstape like tblfan said. grip tape is a little more rubbery, sticky, harsher on gloves and lasts longer. gauze tape is thinner when stretched, doesnt wear out the palms as much, but needs to be reapplied after every game. i swear by it.

edit: tbl edited to confirm what i posted. thank you sir. i have both at home and will post a pic of the difference if anyone cares to see.

Id like to see the difference..thanks...also where do you get it

That's what I use up top. Mine is called Gamma and found in the tennis section:

GAM-AGT_160_160.jpg

How do you like the tennis grip?

I've thought about trying it before.

It's really grippy but not tacky at all like the Powerflex stuff is. It wears through a little quicker though because it's REALLY thin. Obviously I really like it because I use it over regular cloth and Powerflex.

Sportstape gauze tape isn't sticky at all, it's cohesive, it only sticks to itself. This is why gagner's stick in the photos shows a thin overlap and a thicker overlap at the bottom, if you don't overlap the tape it won't stick at all.

So why do you guys prefer the gauze tape? Is it simply that it wears less on the gloves?

Thanks

Pretty much it. Takimac grips are also easy on palms but are too bulky and kills all puck feel for me.

btw, here's where i get my gauze tape: http://shop.ebay.com/canadaicegator/m.html?_nkw=gauze&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

I use the andover, only stuff around at my lhs's. They pretty good too, usually I just need to re-apply ever 4 or more games. Just wondering with you guys though, do certain colors of them, die your palms? I used red during the whole 2010 games as a "tribute", after my palms were really really red. It the same for your tape if you've tried it?

I've been using the Gamma tape for a while now, works great. It's pretty cheap, too (I think around $1.50 or $2) so the fact that it doesn't last all that long isn't a big deal. I can actually get quite a bit out of it, actually, I think I reapply it after maybe 10-15 uses. I believe it's a little different from what you'll find on the pro's sticks, but it's probably similar enough and much easier to find.

I use the andover, only stuff around at my lhs's. They pretty good too, usually I just need to re-apply ever 4 or more games. Just wondering with you guys though, do certain colors of them, die your palms? I used red during the whole 2010 games as a "tribute", after my palms were really really red. It the same for your tape if you've tried it?

I don't use andover because it colors my palms. I've got some renfrew to try before I get what tblfan uses. Doesn't dye my palms but I need to see how the palms wear.