Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pmr149

pro shoulder pads + farrels

I was wondering what types of shoulder pads pro guys are wearing..ive seen some with some really old stuff..I feel like it isnt common for a pro to be wearing a top of the line shoulder pad. If they dont need all the protection why do normal players? .also does anyone of experience with wearing farrel shoulder pads with the caps taken off in a contact situation.

thanks

does anyone of experience with wearing farrel shoulder pads with the caps taken off in a contact situation.

I wear my shoulder caps on, I wore them off for a little while but they don't impede mobility at all, and they're still very low profile. I personally find its worth leaving them on.

Edit: To answer your question more directly, yes I have. You can feel it. The caps are worthwhile.

I keep the shoulder and arm caps on, as well as the one in the middle of your back. Other than that I took the other 4 plastic caps off and I was fine for contact hockey.

Another vote not to take off the shoulder caps...you'll get wonderful little circles on your shoulders to begin with after throwing a few good hits with the caps on, wouldn't want to see how your shoulders would look without caps.