Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gxc999

Stiffest Retail Skate On The Market Now?

So what's the stiffest retail skate right now? Is the U+ Reloaded or Crazy Light as stiff or stiffer than the TO? I'm asking because I put an insane amount of weight in my skates and am destroying the stiffness in my 95s and 75s way too fast for my liking. I honestly can't afford the TO anyway, but Xmas is coming up, so any thoughts, guys?

i didnt find my TO's as stiff as my 95's. i had a lot more movement in my to's(opinion)

or go custom with an xtra stiff package.

i just started skating in the mlx skate an that is an exceptionally stiff skate. defiantly stiffer then my t.o.'s. but man they are ugly!!

So what's the stiffest retail skate right now? Is the U+ Reloaded or Crazy Light as stiff or stiffer than the TO? I'm asking because I put an insane amount of weight in my skates and am destroying the stiffness in my 95s and 75s way too fast for my liking. I honestly can't afford the TO anyway, but Xmas is coming up, so any thoughts, guys?

i didnt find my TO's as stiff as my 95's. i had a lot more movement in my to's(opinion)

or go custom with an xtra stiff package.

completely agree - matches my experience with retail T1s, plus quite a few people posted about it.

for customes I went with #3 stiffness and the way it feels on ice it gave T1s about the same stiffness as One95.

from what I was told with T1s due to the construction of the boot Bauer can make then only so much stiffer?

regardless I personally really like what #3 is like - fully laced the skate gives good support & still plenty of flex - arguably quite a bit more then One95, and I wasn't even lacing them all the way!

IMO MLX skates have to be the stiffest on the market outside of customs.

I might look into it. Does that 50% coupon still exist?

I'm kind of digging deep, but do you know which of them is the stiffest/softest?

APX , totalone , X60, u+cl ...

this was discussed a few times before: One100 is stiffer than the TO.

i know but that was not my question...

I'm kind of digging deep, but do you know which of them is the stiffest/softest?

APX , totalone , X60, u+cl and 11K (edit so that the list doesn't go on & on)

What order would the top-end skates from the big 3 companies would stiffness-Softness be ranked?

Would I be correct to assume:

Bauer One100

CCM U+CL

Bauer APX

Bauer Total One

Bauer 7.0

Easton EQ50

Reebok 11k

CCM U+12

And it is also my understanding that a skate can still be really stiff, but not feel as if it is, because of its ability to provide good forward flex (Total One Tongue, Easton Launch Zones) ?

Please correct me if I am completely off base here.

Stiffest? The Easton S17's that are sitting in my garage gathering dust!

I recently switched over to a pair of One100's because they had the lateral stiffness I needed but I could flex them forward much easier than the Easton's. Now I can actually get low since my ankles don't feel like they're in concrete boots.

Stiffest? The Easton S17's that are sitting in my garage gathering dust!

I recently switched over to a pair of One100's because they had the lateral stiffness I needed but I could flex them forward much easier than the Easton's. Now I can actually get low since my ankles don't feel like they're in concrete boots.

Same as the one95's, they'll seem really stiff but flex and transfer your energy perfectly. I still don't think there's a better skate on the market.