• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jds

jds

Rockstar

• Members+

• 1,239 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

I originally sent this as a PM to JR et all but as I was typing I thought I should share this group hug with everyone:

JR,
Please pass this along to Chadd, Drew and any other mods, but I just wanted to say that during a moment of reflection today, I found myself thinking that being a part of this MSH community is pretty cool. I go online every day, first thing in the morning, and really enjoy the discussion and community that comes along with this site. I have always been one to diss the online world vs human contact (how could I not? I'm an old guy) but I find this site has really changed my opinion on this. There is a true sense of community that exists virtually and then manifests itself in person when members meet up at events like Summer Jam or Winterfest. Who knew that I could have relationships with folks all over the world who share a common interest. You and all the mods keep things in line and should be congratulated for a job well done. This is one cool site and part of my day is clicking on "View New Content' every day. Having never done many team sports as a kid (always the fringe individual stuff) I totally understand the esprit des corps that teams feel just from clicking on my my MSH bookmark each day. Thanks. Please pass this on to all mods and anyone who works on their own time to make this site work.

Feel free to show your support for this site by replying in your way. Sniff. Sniff. Excuse me, but I need to take a moment. ;)

Edited by jds, 06 January 2011 - 10:43 PM.

‎"I don't know karate but I know ca-razy"

#2 fatwabbit

fatwabbit
  • Members++
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

Dont forget about them arranging things like bags, tshirts, events, gear demos etc...

My piss poor job of complimenting you guys for a jolly good show. Thanks for doing this for the whole community. MSH is the first thing I do every morning.
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE- LFC

Will no longer have the number of buy/sell/trades mentioned... its too embarrassing to see how much gear I've accumulated.

#3 goaliemanshark

goaliemanshark
  • Members+

• 946 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

Agreed, you guys rock! I hope we aren't all too much to handle! Thanks for all your hard work, and the new site upgrade and consistent up time is unreal!
#24 Moose hockey

"I'm not quitting and no one else in this room is going to quit. You can throw the stats out the window. I don't care. The task is going to be absolutely very difficult. It can be done and it will be done." - Dan Boyle

#4 adalbort

adalbort
  • Members+
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:13 AM

Agred! This site effing rocks!!

#5 yrhmblnr8r

yrhmblnr8r
  • Members++
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

+1 Credit to the mods for keeping the content top shelf.
------------------------------
Smooth fiddling, Glen.
------------------------------

#6 Chadd

Chadd
  • Mods

• 39,293 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

As my role has changed over the years and I spend more and more time handling warnings and discipline, and less time answering questions or helping people, it's refreshing to hear something positive about the way we run the site.
"Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think."
George Bernard Shaw

#7 Sav25

Sav25
  • Members+
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

Couldn't put it better myself. I've always been a forum person, for all of my interests, but MSH is one of the good ones. No junk, minimal member aggression and lots of good advice.

Without MSH, I guess I'd still have lace bite, I'd be using a repaired stick and would probably have skates on my MCL injury and be in a right mess by now!

Thanks MSH!

Oh and the site works great on a Blackberry when I get a notification email - loads up nice and quick :smile:

#8 dkmiller3356

dkmiller3356
  • Members++

• 847 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

You guys make some really good points. I'm not the heaviest poster out there but I'm on the site frequently. What I have always appreciated is that there is almost no negativity. I see so much stiff on line (and in the news for tha matter) where our means of discourse has become so angry. Here it is not. In a way MSH is a haven from the negativity and aggression of the outside world. Thanks!! Its a well needed diversion.

#9 NextBobbyOrr

NextBobbyOrr
  • Members+
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

You guys are amazing, you always have something to talk about with other fellow members. Also, it makes me feel better about my addiction to gear seeing other people with the same deal. I go on here more than Facebook lol. Keep it up!

#10 bostonjuniorblackhawks

bostonjuniorblackhawks
  • Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

This is simply the best place to discuss gear. No other sites has mods that put as much time in as you guys do, which I'm very grateful for. You guys have to put up with more BS than you should

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks, 12 January 2011 - 05:02 PM.

"why would people cring at the sight of an easton getzlaf?? "
"Because they're toemosexuals" - mack

Look at that, a reply without someone quoting the pictures directly above it. The retard fairy has blessed us with quite a bounty this year. - mack

#11 wrangler

wrangler
  • Members++

• 3,476 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

I don't get elaborate on this kind of stuff, so I'll leave it at: +1.

#12 watchgreat

watchgreat
  • Members++
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

I agree. thanks. I used to just lurk here but now i started posting and the community is very nice. Thanks mods.

#13 reverseit

reverseit
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

There is an enormous amount of information available here. I've learned more about equipment from here in the last few months than I learned from playing the game for over a decade now. Not only did I absorb it for my interest, it also made me better at my job (I work at a hockey store).

So much thanks to to the admin/mod staff.