Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pby

The Things LHS Do

While its not uncommon for LHSes to deal with customers and their nuisances on a daily basis. On the other hand, sometimes its customers who have to deal with incompetent staff. Have you guys ever had exceptional service(good or bad) from your LHS?

My latest experience was a store in sugar land, tx. I wanted to replace the ls2 holders on some newly purchased skates and they said they could do it by last tuesday, figure thats a fair time for them to do it. Went to pick them up today(well I didn't call to check before, perhaps its fault on my part) and looks like they haven't even started on work and this guy told me to come back later because hes the only one who could do this at the shop because hes busy doing last minute sharpenings.

So I came back later and someone else handed me the skates, I noticed immediately that one of them is mis-aligned and its missing half a dozen of rivets. the ls2 that he removed were fairly mangled up but should be salvageable. he was skimping so much that he used a total of 6 rivets on one of the boot. He didn't attempt to flatten the rivets on either boot and the rivets were sticking out like nails.

I told him about situation and his response was "someone else did that boot". The first the that came into my mind was him telling me that he was the only one who could do it. The final settlement was for him to realign them and try to fill up some holes with epoxy. Will have to go back tomorrow to pick them up and see whats left of my skates.

I don't really know if this kind of service is really acceptable. Perhaps I've been spoiled by my LHS in england that I take great service for granted. For those who are blessed with great service, please don't forget to support them. As for this store, I won't be offering pizza any time soon.

/end rant

Oh no. I have thought about starting this thread for a while now. We'll see how this goes haha

I hate when I go into my LHS and I'll pay for a couple roles of tape or whatever and then some kid who happens to know the guy behind the counter comes in and gets the same stuff for free

Oh no. I have thought about starting this thread for a while now. We'll see how this goes haha

I hate when I go into my LHS and I'll pay for a couple roles of tape or whatever and then some kid who happens to know the guy behind the counter comes in and gets the same stuff for free

I guess the moral of the story is to meet the guy behind the counter?

sorry, i might be one of those guys. im pretty good friends with alot of the staff so wether if its tape sometime ill be allowed to take it or sometime i drop off my skates and the guy does them right away bypassing the line.

sorry, i might be one of those guys. im pretty good friends with alot of the staff so wether if its tape sometime ill be allowed to take it or sometime i drop off my skates and the guy does them right away bypassing the line.

Well usually its the high school kids that do it. Not the adults. They'll see their friends or whatever and just throw out free stuff like they run the show

Well usually its the high school kids that do it. Not the adults. They'll see their friends or whatever and just throw out free stuff like they run the show

i am in highschool but its not like my buddies, just guys i have befriended while being a loyal customer.

Looking forward to hearing all the horror stories about Sportchek's Hockey Dept. even though they are not officially a "LHS."

If i was in your position I would turn down the free stuff and wait your turn with the sharpening line (unless you were in massive hurry). Just be fair to everyone else!

I went to sportcheck the other day to get my new used skates heat molded, and sharpened....well, lucked out as the guy that served me was an older gentleman who has been in the "game" for a long time(35yrs)...so my heat molding went perfect! He really knew what he was doing!! Before molding though, they had the kid sharpen my skates to a 100/50???? What is that?? Tell ya what, it sucks!! One side of the blade was sharp, the other was not? Im taking them back!!...actually no, I will never take them thier for sharpen again!

Cheers!

I went to sportcheck the other day to get my new used skates heat molded, and sharpened....well, lucked out as the guy that served me was an older gentleman who has been in the "game" for a long time(35yrs)...so my heat molding went perfect! He really knew what he was doing!! Before molding though, they had the kid sharpen my skates to a 100/50???? What is that?? Tell ya what, it sucks!! One side of the blade was sharp, the other was not? Im taking them back!!...actually no, I will never take them thier for sharpen again!

Cheers!

You just got a Flat Bottom V sharpen for free...I wouldn't complain. But then again, My experience with them has been inconsistent

My lhs forgot the skates in the oven because he was talkin to me and an other customer was waiting for the skate to get heat molded. For me it was really funny but the lhs have to throw the skate away.

Greetz

You just got a Flat Bottom V sharpen for free...I wouldn't complain. But then again, My experience with them has been inconsistent

Huh??? I paid $4 to sharpen them!!!! It never felt like they were sharp...it still doesn't?? I did a little research, and am thinking of going to 100/75 to get a little more bite!! I did like the glide, seemed like less work? I don't know! Thanks for the info Aireaye!

Huh??? I paid $4 to sharpen them!!!! It never felt like they were sharp...it still doesn't?? I did a little research, and am thinking of going to 100/75 to get a little more bite!! I did like the glide, seemed like less work? I don't know! Thanks for the info Aireaye!

Right, my bad. But consider most LHS' in my area charge anywhere from $8-$10 for FBV, so you're lucky :) Yeah FBV was designed to give you more glide, but still keep that edge

IMG_8398.jpgIMG_8396.jpg

IMG_8387.jpg

They look the same as yesterday, still misaligned. I don't think a refund is going to cut it now that the inline chassis are damaged as well.

Not sure where to go from here.

Right, my bad. But consider most LHS' in my area charge anywhere from $8-$10 for FBV, so you're lucky :) Yeah FBV was designed to give you more glide, but still keep that edge

15 in California...

sometime i drop off my skates and the guy does them right away bypassing the line.

That's not a very good way to run a business, but I'm sure he'll find that out.

preferential treatment happens in every industry. not necessarily a detriment to the overall sustainability of a business.

They look the same as yesterday, still misaligned. I don't think a refund is going to cut it now that the inline chassis are damaged as well.

Not sure where to go from here.

Refund of their charges, and boot replacement, maybe replacement of original skate, might be appropriate, depending on how badly they damaged the boots and/or the LS2s.

Good luck. They don't sound very customer service-oriented.

preferential treatment happens in every industry. not necessarily a detriment to the overall sustainability of a business.

If people are waiting for their skates and someone walks in and cuts to the front of the line, it will have an impact. No smart business man pisses off customers and their friends understand that. There is a difference between preferential treatment and telling/showing people that they aren't important.

If people are waiting for their skates and someone walks in and cuts to the front of the line, it will have an impact. No smart business man pisses off customers and their friends understand that. There is a difference between preferential treatment and telling/showing people that they aren't important.

in my case there is a drop off/pick up counter and ill drop off my skates and take a look around the shop and when i return my skates are done and i see some skates still waiting to be sharpened that were there before. in some cases they could be getting bypassed because they are getting picked up later but more often then not that is not the case.

in my case there is a drop off/pick up counter and ill drop off my skates and take a look around the shop and when i return my skates are done and i see some skates still waiting to be sharpened that were there before. in some cases they could be getting bypassed because they are getting picked up later but more often then not that is not the case.

Yeah, sometimes they'll give priority to a waiting customer, that's not surprising or unusual.

Oh I don't remember many but my current favorite was the time that somebody at my LHS tried to tell me that a tapered and standard shaft was the same and that one was just "newer" than the other.