Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VIC15

plekanec tape

How exactly does this differ from the normal stretchy grip tape?

Gauze tape works much longer than Renfrew stretchy grip tape, but it can colorize your palm if you will use not a white one.

What's more popular from Sportstape, the cohesive gauze or the stretch grip? And you do one layer of regular cloth tape first and then the gauze layer over top?

What's more popular from Sportstape, the cohesive gauze or the stretch grip? And you do one layer of regular cloth tape first and then the gauze layer over top?

Every pro stock I've owned/seen has had the guaze with a layer of cloth underneath, but that's not a large sample size so take it for what it's worth.

And at "rink of dreams" this year At the AAC I found a roll of sportstape royal gauze tape on the visitors bench that the Montreal Canadiens had left behind. I tried it on my sticks and love it, so I ordered more from the guy mentioned above.

I personnaly use Powerflex by Androvev. I put a layer of normal stick tape under. It's soft and comfy + it grips just perfect.

I tried that Powerflex tape, I liked it, but it ate a hole in my glove really quick.

I tried that Powerflex tape, I liked it, but it ate a hole in my glove really quick.

What kind of gloves/palm do you have? For my past 3 gloves (9k/10k Nash/Warrior Digital), I never had a problem except for the palm coloring when I went with red for the olympics, sorry getting off topic. Recently it's been doing some damage on my Rbk 4R's(CCM Pro Tacks), so I guess the effect will vary for different palms?

Gamma gauze comes in smaller rolls, it's narrower and it's more expensive. I personally haven't compared them side by side because it's easily 2-3 times the price, with how quickly the tape wears out that adds up quickly.

Gamma gauze comes in smaller rolls, it's narrower and it's more expensive. I personally haven't compared them side by side because it's easily 2-3 times the price, with how quickly the tape wears out that adds up quickly.

TBLfan I agree with you on that. I’ve never used gamma tape I was just simply showing where to get some if someone is interested in it. I actually use Wilson pro over grip or the Babolat counterpart. Everyone thinks it’s weird but I like it because it doesn't get sticky (some manufactures actually have a tacky over grip if that is your preference) and I just take it off my tennis rackets and turn of over and use it on hockey sticks. As far as durability is concerned, most of the time my sticks break before I actually change the grip. They make tons of different tennis grips so there are lots of options. The gamma gauze tape probably isn't the most economical way to go but its there if someone needs it and it can probably be found at tennis stores or other places that carry tennis equipment.

I personnaly use Powerflex by Androvev. I put a layer of normal stick tape under. It's soft and comfy + it grips just perfect.

Can you point me to where I can buy some of this online? ebay has it in 24 packs for 50 bucks, I'm hoping to try one roll first.

Can you point me to where I can buy some of this online? ebay has it in 24 packs for 50 bucks, I'm hoping to try one roll first.

I don't know where to buy it online as I buy it at my local hockey shop.

What kind of gloves/palm do you have? For my past 3 gloves (9k/10k Nash/Warrior Digital), I never had a problem except for the palm coloring when I went with red for the olympics, sorry getting off topic. Recently it's been doing some damage on my Rbk 4R's(CCM Pro Tacks), so I guess the effect will vary for different palms?

Same here as for coloring the palms on my rbk 4-rolls with the red one. As for damaging the palms I had no issues about that.

I order Andover Powerflex from Medco for the best price I've found. I like the 1" wide type, but it comes in many widths. White or grey won't stain.

The key to preventing palm wear is to rewrap the grip before it starts to get threadbare. The soft grippy material will rub out and expose the tougher thread matrix, which has a "cheese grater" effect that can abnormally wear the palm. A fresh wrap prevents this and renews the great grippy feel. If you get it cheap you don't have to use it so sparingly.