Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to ModSquadHockey

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to ModSquadHockey by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to access the largest repository of product catalogues on the web. You'll be able to customize your profile, browse our Gear Exchange, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JR Boucicaut

SummerJam 3

524 posts in this topic

summerjam2011.jpg

ModSquadHockey is proud to announce the date and location for SummerJam 3...New York/New Jersey!

We will be hosting SJ3 at the AmeriHealth Pavilion, practice home of the New Jersey Devils in downtown Newark, on July 30, 2011.

We feel that hosting it in the Northeast was a no-brainer; with easy transportation and closeness to other hockey hotbeds plus the allure of New York won out.

The Devils were very gracious in regards to our negotiation with them as well. The AmeriHealth Pavilion is attached to the Prudential Center, one of two facilities in the NHL (Columbus being the other) that have a replica of their arena as a practice facility, and they are very excited to host us.

Continuing with the precedent we set in Toronto, the major manufacturers are on board. There will be a gear display and on-ice demo.

Prices for the event will be finalized shortly.

Who's in?

I'm in for this one.

Anyone else going to stay in the city? I'd like to stay around times square I think. Might bring the wife and daughter too.

We are working on hotel accommodations as well; trying to get a group rate.

All of that jazz will be coming soon.

Two figures.

Like I said, we will work that out. We have additional things to work out in regards to the event.

$235 round trip Tampa/Newark arriving 7/28 departing 8/1

Try LGA as well.

Newark is a long ride into the city.....hmmm.....wonder how bad the train ride is.

Newark is a long ride into the city.....hmmm.....wonder how bad the train ride is.

No; the arena is at the last PATH station. I believe it is a 30min train ride from Newark to NY Penn Station.

Maybe it would be smarter to just go into the city when I want as opposed to doing all that shuttling. I really only want to to the art museums and the Intrepid Museum.

It will be $$$$ to stay in midtown but then it will be $$$ to stay in northern NJ too.

WAYYYYY too far away to go to :p

Momma McD better be cooking me some Zing-Zang Chicken!

(For those who don't know, Brian and Mike take the remainder of the ZZ after WF and their mom marinades chicken in it.)

I'm in if there is a spot open. Thank you guys for setting up the event..

I wish I could after WF.

Never been to NYC either, but I just don't have the money right now.

My preliminary skaters list already is at 20. Obviously I reached out to our legacy skaters beforehand who we thought would be able to make the trip and verified with them that NY/NJ was a good locale.

Obviously if the event reaches high demand we have options with the timeslot and format. The Devils are willing to work with us in regards to this. But this isn't my first rodeo so we'll see how it all pans out.

But remember guys; as with all of our events, admission isn't a right, it is a privilege. There are criteria that have to be met to be extended an invitation. That being said, please continue posting your interest.