Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skyscrape

Reebok 11k Stick

Aside from the "New SickickIII line" topic which is kinda tough to find, has anyone used the new 11k stick long enough to report anything about it? I saw a BCHL player using his 9k tonight and his shot was noticeably harder and quicker than with his new U+CL. He also said the 9k had superior balance over the new U+. He said the U+CL grip(red) was blade heavy and when I watched the kid shoot with the 9k it was very obvious that stick was a better fit for him. I live in a spot where no one uses Reebok and I am contemplating either the 9k or 11k. I would love to here what other players have to say.

Anyway, In the process I realized I like shorter sticks and this has changed a lot about my game. I am interested in the 9k and 11k stick because I have heard they play stiffer than the competition. This would be a good thing!

Recently i have been using the totalone and 2011 AK27. I went to the AK because the 110xl was available. Ideally I would want a 120 flex total one shaft, with the feel of the new AK27 blade, in a curve that was a tamer gionta with a tiny kink wedge at the heel. If only I was that good that warrior or Bauer would listen to me!

I'm using an 11k shaft and blade combo as my backup. I have never used the 11k OPS, just the tapered 2 pc setup. I'm liking it more and more. It's definitely well-balanced. It's pretty light, although it feels a tad heavier than my TPS R9XN10 shaft and Inno blade that's my primary setup.

I'm using a 100 flex 11k shaft, cut to the 106 mark. It feels closer to 110, maybe stiffer. I'm not a great judge of flex/flex ratings, but it feels noticeably stiffer than most other 100 flex shafts I've used (cut to the same length). The grip on the 11k shaft is pretty over-the-top, which I don't really care for. The 11k has a great kick, and is probably my best stick for slapshots. The blade is very stiff and has held up well.

I'm liking my 11k setup more and more, although I highly doubt it will be my primary setup until my R9s break. I'd consider buying it again, if I had the money and needed a new setup. I might choose a regular flex next time, though as I take mostly wristers. If you're looking for a cannon that's stiffer than most sticks, the 11k may be a good fit. Hope this helps!

I've been using the 11k since December, It's really not a bad stick. My only real knock against it, is that the shaft is boxier than a normal stick. Other than that puck feel, weight , durability have been really good so far.

I have used 11k pro stock stick around two month now. It's A3 modification with Drury curve. The stick is very light, very responsive, provide a very good puck's feeling. It has double concave shaft and corners not so rounded like on my 10k. I like it.

When I go to drop-in there's one really really talented guy I've come to know and he said he feels he gets more out of the 9k than the 11k. I've used my other teammate's 11k in warm up and I really had nothing bad to say about it other than I prefer my x60 :P

So far, so good with my 11k blade and the one my buddy's using. I haven't used mine all that much, but he has. He loves his.

I've had the same 2 9k's for this year. There is no durability issues with my sticks. I was talking with the guy who runs my local hockey shop and he didnt think the 11k was worth the $70 extra over the 9k. I would definitely buy them again.

So far I've liked the TotalOne better than the 9K or the 11K. The TotalOne has just had a lot of spring and kick compared to all the others.

I've used these for about 2 months so far. The blade chipping is still an issue but the blade is still as stiff as day one, so to me it doesn't really matter. The balance of this stick is phenomenal when it's at the stock height and really helps your stick handling. I am 6', 190lbs and use the 85 flex and it blows my X:60 out of the water for wrist and snap shots but for slapshots, it's still a little whippy. One of the things a lot of companies advertise that I didn't really understand was the "effortless release" some sticks have (11k included) until I actually used the 11k. The puck flies off it, especially during snap shots. I play forward in college and one of the things I do is the penalty kill, where I'm the dude up top taking the lasers that people pray miss their ankles. For the penalty kill I've always made the switch back to my X:60, but recently I picked up a couple stiffer pro stock 11k's from the local ECHL guys and I'll bet money that I'll be using an 11k there soon. These sticks are awesome if you don't mind scoring lots of goals. Any questions, just ask. They're sweet and I understand why they're basically the stick supplied by teams of amateur hockey leagues and most NCAA teams

How about RBK's known blade chipping issue? How has the 11k's blade held up?

I have a huge gash in the hosel area, just before the blade curves. I don't know if that has anything to do with it being a rbk stick, just the fact guys are hacks in my beer league.

They are. Since the tt 10k's were so good, might as well give it a go

I've been using the 11K for about 5 months now. I absolutely love it. Of course, it's all a matter of personal preference and how it feels in your hand. For some reason, the 11K has provided me with the best shooting accuracy with a composite I've ever had. It's also insanely light, comparable with the TotalOne and all other top-line sticks. As far the blade chipping, I used the 10K previously and while my 11K blade has chipped a little, it is not nearly as bad as the 10K chipping was for me.

I have the 11K stick (Hedman Pattern) for several months now and I love it. The balance, puck feel and durability are all very good. I am not much of a slap shot guy, I use mainly snap shots and wristers and the low kick point works very well for me.

The grip (IMO) loses a little tackiness over a while. I still think it's probably the grippiest I've had (even after a couple of months). I've been able to adjust to it, though.

The grip (IMO) loses a little tackiness over a while. I still think it's probably the grippiest I've had (even after a couple of months). I've been able to adjust to it, though.

The grip was ridiculous !

as far as i can tell, my 11k pro stock is the exact same as my 10k pro stock, cept a bit more rounded, same weave and everything. i have a different blade in my 11k so the puck feel is a bit different. my 10k feels like it pops just a bit harder than my 11k.

but then again, i think we're discussing retail 11k's, which i have no experience with. the guys on my team loves 'em though.

as far as i can tell, my 11k pro stock is the exact same as my 10k pro stock, cept a bit more rounded, same weave and everything. i have a different blade in my 11k so the puck feel is a bit different. my 10k feels like it pops just a bit harder than my 11k.

but then again, i think we're discussing retail 11k's, which i have no experience with. the guys on my team loves 'em though.

I know what I'm looking for at ahl sales this year :biggrin:

I had an 11k in October used it for maybe a good 4-5 months and broke it right in half warming up for a game. Later on in the season i went and bought a 9k at an away game. Used it for about 2 months and broke that, overall the sticks are great. I understand sticks break but I'm really shaky about buying another Reebok stick just because i dropped close to 400 dollars and both are broken right in half. And the best part about it is they both broke in the same spot. Coincidence or flaw in the Reebok shaft?

I picked up one of these about two weeks ago. After using it about 4 times, there's already a decent sized chip in the toe. The blade still feels strong, but the chip is already fraying.

I dig the stick, but it seems like it's going to become a shaft in the near future. Bummer.

my 11k is holding up quite well, but initially there was a little chipping on the toe. It was caused me to change the way i tape the stick due to worrying the laminate would peel back in my toe like my 6k did after a little over a month. all this said, i love the performance, although this post is rather old now, lol.

I have used a pro stock 11k 100 flex and a 11k shaft 85 flex. the 100 flex didn't last to long I got slashed and that ended its life only after a few months. But my 11k shaft I have been using since Oct. I love it. pretty light, go balance my only issue that I think it has been getting a lot whipper so I think i need to get another one. But all in all i think its a really good stick.