Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citixen

Easton Zetterberg vs Sakic curve.

I am looking to switch from a retail Easton Sakic curve to a Easton Zetterberg curve. Has anyone tried both curves and can give me some feedback? How was the adjustment?

Have used them both, VERY different curves, you're talking about going from a big, open, mid/toe curve to a very slight, closed, mid/heel curve. Also, the Zetterberg has a slightly lower lie. Why do you want to make the switch? If you're roofing shots but the lie is right, then the Iginla might be a better choice (it's basically a less open Sakic), but if you're shooting high AND you feel you need a lower lie, then the Zetterberg could be for you.

Your curve shouldn't have much to do with where you're aiming the puck.

To the original poster, they are VERY different curves and every aspect of your game that involves your stick (shooting, passing, stickhandling) may need to change. You may have to alter your shot mechanics to properly be able to shoot with the Zetterberg after coming from the Sakic. I've grown up using the Zetterberg and can also switch to a friend's stick with the Sakic curve and do just fine (once I adjust my shot mechanics a bit), but most guys I know that use the Sakic cannot simply pick up my stick and use it. Why are you switching?

I thought the Zetterberg and Sakic had more similarities (basically a sakic with closed face)? Basically I looking for something with less open face but with the same curve depth and lie as the Sakic (5 / 5.5). I find with Sakic most shots want to rise high too easily and often. Any suggestions, maybe a Heatley?

I thought the Zetterberg and Sakic had more similarities (basically a sakic with closed face)? Basically I looking for something with less open face but with the same curve depth and lie as the Sakic (5 / 5.5). I find with Sakic most shots want to rise high too easily and often. Any suggestions, maybe a Heatley?

Yeah, the curve and depth of the Zetterberg and Sakic are nothing alike. You'd be better off to try the Heatley or perhaps Iginla. Still mid curves I believe, just more tame than the Sakic.

Sounds like you want a closed Sakic, in which case the Iginla is your best bet, although the blade on the Iggy is a bit shorter with less rocker at the toe (the lie/rocker in the heel to mid blade region is basically identical between the two curves though). If you actually need a slightly lower lie, then go with the Heatley, square toe or not (the Heater is basically the same curve as the Iggy, but with a more square toe and lower lie). The difference between the 5.5 lie Sakic/Iggy curves and the 5 lie Zetterberg/Heatley curves might not sound like much, but it is a very noticeable difference on the ice IMO. After a practice where you're taking a lot of shots, where does the tape mostly wear on your Sakic? Mostly near the heel, or mostly mid-blade?