Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bombit

Labeda Addiction mini bearings (white)

Anyone used the 688 version of the labeda addictions? I picked up a set for fairly cheap on ebay and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Aesthetically, the white looks very slick.

If they're like the 608's, you got a heck of a deal. My favorite wheel to date, converted me from my Rink Rats I have used for 5 years. Grip and wear are incredible. Enjoy!

If they're like the 608's, you got a heck of a deal. My favorite wheel to date, converted me from my Rink Rats I have used for 5 years. Grip and wear are incredible. Enjoy!

I ordered a set of ebay too. Can't seem to get them beerings to sit right. As soon as itighten the wheels up it doesn't spin freely anymore.

I ordered a set of ebay too. Can't seem to get them beerings to sit right. As soon as itighten the wheels up it doesn't spin freely anymore.

Maybe that was the problem with them, and why they are being sold as "Factory Seconds"? Please let us know if you have any luck getting them to mount and spin freely.

Can you see any other reason why they would be listed as Factory seconds, do they have any "print" flaws or anything cosmetic?

Maybe that was the problem with them, and why they are being sold as "Factory Seconds"? Please let us know if you have any luck getting them to mount and spin freely.

Can you see any other reason why they would be listed as Factory seconds, do they have any "print" flaws or anything cosmetic?

There are a few reasons i can see them being listed as factory seconds. No print flaws but there does seem to be a large amount of bubbles in the wheels and a couple of coloured specs inside the clear part of the wheel. ( you have to look really close to see this stuff)

THe plastic centre seem to have a thin coating on the top with this not being exact in places. I am thinking this might be the issue with beering not sitting properly. Otherwise i have no idea on the wheels.

I remember reading on the forum people having issues with the berring not being flush and the found a solution, but can't seem to locate this post.

There are a few reasons i can see them being listed as factory seconds. No print flaws but there does seem to be a large amount of bubbles in the wheels and a couple of coloured specs inside the clear part of the wheel. ( you have to look really close to see this stuff)

THe plastic centre seem to have a thin coating on the top with this not being exact in places. I am thinking this might be the issue with beering not sitting properly. Otherwise i have no idea on the wheels.

I remember reading on the forum people having issues with the berring not being flush and the found a solution, but can't seem to locate this post.

I think the bubbles are normal, I have a set of Red Addictions and also a set of Orange Addictions... they both have quite a few bubbles inside the wheels. So my guess is that the problem is where the bearing sits, probably not deep enough. Might just be able to gently sand that recess a bit deeper... would need to be extremely careful. I might want to check with Labeda before I did anything like that though.

I think the bubbles are normal, I have a set of Red Addictions and also a set of Orange Addictions... they both have quite a few bubbles inside the wheels. So my guess is that the problem is where the bearing sits, probably not deep enough. Might just be able to gently sand that recess a bit deeper... would need to be extremely careful. I might want to check with Labeda before I did anything like that though.

I ordered a set of these as well after I spoke to someone at Labeda. They said the "factory seconds" status is due to an over-run of these wheels, in which they sold to a small number of re-sellers such as tgm. Apparently, they are all in perfect condition cosmetically and functionally. So there should be no worries about them not working correctly. Labeda also said that they were the same density as the Orange Addictions, so for 150+ lbs. skaters.

Regarding the "spinning freely" issue that darmin brought up, Labeda said that the bearings just need to be seated further into the inset. I found with brand new 688 wheels that the bearings fit in very tight, and sometimes needed quite a bit of force to get them seated all the way into the inset.

I bought a package of 688 spacers, so that I could just swap them in and out with my standard 6mm axles. Works great; the bearings included with the package were quite good and smooth. So they are quite the deal. I noticed that they have reposted the ebay ad, so tgm has a bunch more available.

Finally tried to install the new Addictions, they would not spin freely! Called Labeda, talked to Rob, he said he knew about the problem! It is all to do with the 688 spacers. There are a bunch coming out of China that are out-of-spec, and do not allow both bearings to seat all the way into the wheel insets.

He said that he is going to hunt down some spacers that are in spec, I will update when I hear back from him.

Sounds like a good deal if you have good spacers for them. I have an old set of 688's that came with some Wicked 1's I got off ebay just sitting around, so I've been a little curious about these wheels too.

Finally tried to install the new Addictions, they would not spin freely! Called Labeda, talked to Rob, he said he knew about the problem! It is all to do with the 688 spacers. There are a bunch coming out of China that are out-of-spec, and do not allow both bearings to seat all the way into the wheel insets.

He said that he is going to hunt down some spacers that are in spec, I will update when I hear back from him.

I picked up a set of these eBay and so far they are working just fine. I tried using the free bearings that came with the purchase but found they didn't spin freely on a couple of the wheels. I switched up the bearings to my old BSB Swiss 688 set and they spin well now. I am also using BSB Spacers on these wheels. So far after 3 games they are holding up well.