Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MatthewRoach7

Why switch E-Pro's out for Tuuk's on CCM Skates?

I just purchased a pair CCM U+ Pro skates. I have seen pictures on this forum (one of Ovi comes to mind) and a guy at shinny have Tuuks on CCM skates. I was woundering what is the advantage to switching out the runner? Do the Tuuks hold up longer/better or is it just a preference thing? Thank you for info that you can pass along.

I think it's mostly personal preference. A lot of guys get use to one particular holder or another and just stick with it. Look at how many guys in the NHL use TUUK Custom Plus holders.

I assume you're talking about switching out the E-pro holders for Tuuk holders. I haven't tried too many holders so I can't really say for myself the consensus seems to be the Tuuk holders feel better than other holders out there right now. Some prefer the Tuuk Custom+ but most people seem to opt for the Lightspeed 2 holders. People say the LS2 holders are one of the stiffer (stiffest?) holders available.

And if so many players in the NHL play with Tuuk holders, it's gotta count for something...

Personal preference or doing it for 'style'.

Reason most nhlers are using ls2 holders on non bauer skates is it makes it a lot easier for the eqm to change out steel parts etc.

If you have 6 people using 280, and they came with cobra, epro, razor and tuuk for three of them, your going to try to get all of them to use tuuk. Less parts you need to carry.

Do any pro's put a non-Tuuk holder for a customization on a Bauer or any other kind of skate for that matter?

Do any pro's put a non-Tuuk holder for a customization on a Bauer or any other kind of skate for that matter?

Seidenberg of the Bruins has T-Blades on his TotalOne's...doesn't look good. Some of the guys on Carolina use the QuickBlade holders also, not sure what skates they're on though.

cemetery beat me by a minute but here is a pic. Does look odd.

5279096577_0cd2d312aa.jpg

But for a pro swapping out a normal holder like epro cobra or razor, no.

Iirc, about 5% are on cobra, 2% on other, 3% on cobra, 15% on epro and the other 75% on tuuk custom or ls

Brad Boyes puts e-pros on hit totalones

Some of the guys on Carolina use the QuickBlade holders also, not sure what skates they're on though.

I know Jeff Skinner is using quickblades on his totalones.

I assume you're talking about switching out the E-pro holders for Tuuk holders. I haven't tried too many holders so I can't really say for myself the consensus seems to be the Tuuk holders feel better than other holders out there right now. Some prefer the Tuuk Custom+ but most people seem to opt for the Lightspeed 2 holders. People say the LS2 holders are one of the stiffer (stiffest?) holders available.

And if so many players in the NHL play with Tuuk holders, it's gotta count for something...

You've got me, I've been wondering about this for a while. I have been skating for a long time...think back to 1978 -CCM supertacks- leather & nylon. I have skated on Graf, Razorbladz, e pro and Reebok which I think is a version of e pro as well as what ever was on my Micron Mega Air 90's just to name a few and can't tell the difference at all regardless of pitch , profile or whatever other aspect you want to throw out

As far as NHL players using Tuuks, I would love to know the reason as well. it can't be skating ability as you have to be an awesome skater to be at any pro level. I know that Grafs and razorbladz are known for a forward pitch, epro / RBK is nuetral and tuuks put you on your heels. Never skated on tuuks but why you would want to be on your heels is a mystery to me. The NHL guys have their skates customized to whatever their liking so I can't image them being on their heels but I would be interested to find out.

The possible reasons why a pro would go with one holder over another are endless. They might prefer a certain stiffness, height, pitch (for those who don't want to use lifts or grinding of steel to get it), they have been on a specific holder forever and don't want to change, etc, etc.....