Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

royals19

Global Hockey Showcase

Years ago, several times, and yup, you'll get invites. Not always from the highest level teams, but that's to be expected, it's a showcase and everyone's there.

Level of play when I was there was pretty good. Games were fast, not often one sided. A few standouts per team. Dunno how much it's changed in the past 7+ years.

I'm not sure what you are talking about by "Global"......(Googles it......hmmmmmm.....ok).

Ok, so I have been to about 15-20 showcases in my junior career, and here's my most prominent notes;

First, lots of times, people don't pass the puck, or if they do, its because they are about to get bundled, or because thats their game (playmaker). Second, people are willing to do anything to get seen, so if its 95-98s for this "Global" thing, then there will probably be very little fighting. Third, it is slightly faster paced than it would regularly, this is for 2 reasons. (LOL, Second) First, because there are sometimes no whistles, or if there are any, very little for all the small things like off-sides and icing. Second, actually people skate and puck-handle slightly slower due to the fact that very few people know each other, and they are scared to make mistakes.

Now, I'm not sure about global, but EHK also puts on pretty decent showcases, along with the Boston Pre-Draft and Chowder.

Krev did you have any meetings with coaches? I'm really just looking for a backup plan for next season, I already got JR.A main camp in Alberta, but i'm hoping to sign with a JR.B or tier 3 team in case tryouts go bad with JR.A and AAA

My son did Globals in Vegas, Most of the coaches and scouts were more interested in the Vegas life than hockey.

My son did Globals in Vegas, Most of the coaches and scouts were more interested in the Vegas life than hockey.

Hopefully it will be raining in Burnaby (which seems like 90% of the time) then the scouts will have nothing to do but watch.

Krev did you have any meetings with coaches? I'm really just looking for a backup plan for next season, I already got JR.A main camp in Alberta, but i'm hoping to sign with a JR.B or tier 3 team in case tryouts go bad with JR.A and AAA

Nope. Approached by a bunch though. I was using Globals to stay in shape. Every year I went I had already signed with my team for the upcoming year. My path was already preset, if you will. Unfortunately, injuries and lack of $$$ via divorce kinda derailed that.

Go do Globals in BC, doing them in Vegas is just a distraction.

Nope. Approached by a bunch though. I was using Globals to stay in shape. Every year I went I had already signed with my team for the upcoming year. My path was already preset, if you will. Unfortunately, injuries and lack of $$$ via divorce kinda derailed that.

Go do Globals in BC, doing them in Vegas is just a distraction.

Did you end up in the NORPAC this year or NAHL? I had a rough year and I am considering Seattle or Helena if they talk to me

Did you end up in the NORPAC this year or NAHL? I had a rough year and I am considering Seattle or Helena if they talk to me

I wound up in NORPAC as an official, actually, towards the end of the year. Started the year as a player in Helena, preseason. My asshat father pulled the plug on the $$$ again. That's a whole different can of worms though.

Given the choice, go to Helena. Having Scott as your coach for a year or two is one of the best things that can happen for you as far as conditioning, mental toughness and skating goes.

They won the Tier III Nationals this year, easily, if that's any indication.

EDIT: Of note though, NORPAC was not the path I had chosen. This was a later effort at this year, wanting to get back into Junior hockey as a 20 year old after taking 2 years off due to various reasons mentioned in the above posts.

I don't feel like doing a pm so heres a list of questions for you

1. Would Helena take a AA player? (I got dropped from AAA due to injury/rough start)I'm also going to St.Albert Steel main would they let me come afterwards?

2. Hows there facilities? Is it a nice room? do they fill the stands?

3. Do they have a tutor?

4.How many times a week are they on the ice/training?

5.How close are they to lower end NAHL teams (I'm thinking New Mexico)

6.Finally. What's the cost to play

sorry to be off topic but very interested in in the NAHL. i have a verbal commitment offer along with a main camp invite. im 16. 95 birth year. whats the leage like compared to bc junior b, (pcjhl)(kijhl). bchl.

edit. also attending global in burnaby.

sorry to be off topic but very interested in in the NAHL. i have a verbal commitment offer along with a main camp invite. im 16. 95 birth year. whats the leage like compared to bc junior b, (pcjhl)(kijhl). bchl.

edit. also attending global in burnaby.

NAHL would be a step up from KIJHL and PIJHL (even though the KI is the best junior B league in Canada), but i'm canadian and no pro with the nahl. However the BCHL is junior A (Best junior A in Canada along with Alberta)

Which team are you on?

The NAHL is going to be a step up from those leagues. The BCHL and NAHL are roughly on par with one another. At least as far as the bulk of players are concerned, from the games I've watched. BCHL might be a touch faster. USHL is faster than both.

NAHL would be a step up from KIJHL and PIJHL (even though the KI is the best junior B league in Canada), but i'm canadian and no pro with the nahl. However the BCHL is junior A (Best junior A in Canada along with Alberta)

Which team are you on?

16 i think.

I'm on 20, don't get to play you. But let me know how it goes it will be interesting to see what coaches you talk to.

By the way are you Canadian or American?

If you're under 18 na is a great route bc of more exposure to ushl.

I disagree. Most of the players that play in the USHL are 18-19. Its actually more rare to get a 20 year old in there. The NAHL is usually for guys that are 19, 20 years old. But, rather its not about age as much skill level. Some NAHL teams would barely be able to keep up with EJHL teams, NAHL seems to be diluted of talent more and more each year, due to the amount of teams entering the league.

USHL's biggest bring up leagues are AAA, EJHL, and Academy's/Private Schools.

NAHL gets kids from everywhere really.

But is tore anywhere but east coast, schools, ejhl are more or less out of question, very very few people not already in new England go play ej. And for aaa, if you can play na, you're better off doing that imo. Cheaper, more exposure, and realistic playing circumstances, your playing one game a night in front of many hundred if not thousands of fans, compared to aaa where you're playing five six games a weekend in front of your parents and other teams parents.

I'm just going based on what I've seen, the kids who are 18+ with no college commitments, the better ones who seem to have a better chance of getting d1 are the ones who came from na who played that usually while still in hs.

Although I completely agree na is very diluted talent pool. Wish they still had Jr a national Championships. I think an all-star na would be all-star ej. And best na would beat best ej. But for sure that best ej team would be one of the best in na.

I can't say anything with positivity, but to me it seems that many 16-18 year olds would choose not to play in the NAHL due to all the travel, which could really hurt your schooling. It seems to be the most spread out junior league in north america.