Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Equipment sale discussion

It wasn't any better this year. Less stuff than years prior, and prices seemed a bit higher. What they had for skates and gloves were pretty beat. Pretty sure most of the new/desireable gear was picked through prior to the sale. Unless you wanted locker name plates and stickers you didn't miss anything.

I heard at the Springfield Falcons sale the guys from PowerplayAuctions went in with garbage bags and literally took their arms and swiped every pair of gloves into their sacks. They took every pair of skates and all the sticks too.

No one got anything.

I heard at the Springfield Falcons sale the guys from PowerplayAuctions went in with garbage bags and literally took their arms and swiped every pair of gloves into their sacks. They took every pair of skates and all the sticks too.

No one got anything.

Me and my buddy were 5th in line and yea they did that. Me and my friend split up and got stuff for both of us, ended up with a few pairs of gloves some pants and socks. Thankfully they weren't too concerned with goalie gear so I had some time looking through it. Overall it wasn't as good as years past but I was still able to come away with some decent stuff, but primarily because I knew we would have to get there early.

Next sale in the area should be the sound tigers sale, but the prices aren't the best around, still might go just to see what they have.

No one got anything.

I would like to see a limit on how much someone could buy. At least in the first hour.

No one got anything.

I was about 8th or so in line. The first 2 guys from PP grabbed a bunch of gloves and skates, but there were still about 8-9 maybe more pairs of gloves, 3 or 4 of them new when I went by. There were about the same amount of skates and about 60 or so sticks left. Luckily, two people can only carry so much....

No one got anything.

I bought something from these guys 6 months ago on ebay, not the product pictured, not as described, and they kept promising the missing piece was in the mail. Delayed long enough that I had no remedy available from ebay. If anyone wants something they gobbled up, be careful before you buy.

does anyone know when carolina hurricanes sale will be?

They usually have one right after Christmas, and the end of year sale about the middle of May, unless they make the playoffs (been a while). I have yet to receive my notification as to when they will be having it this year, but will post it once it's announced.

They usually have one right after Christmas, and the end of year sale about the middle of May, unless they make the playoffs (been a while). I have yet to receive my notification as to when they will be having it this year, but will post it once it's announced.

How does one get signed up to receive a notification like this?

How does one get signed up to receive a notification like this?

He either knows somebody or checks the team's website. Once you've been to enough team sales you come to expect around what time of year they have their sales.

i really want to get something from the leafs equipment sale but i am in vancouver, is there anyone someone could help me get it and sell it to me over here?

i really want to get something from the leafs equipment sale but i am in vancouver, is there anyone someone could help me get it and sell it to me over here?

I think you want to read the first post of the thread...

Made it to the Sens sale today but didn't get there till 11:30 because my son had his first soccer game of the summer. Prices seemed reasonable with lots of new shoulders and pant shells left when I got there. Lots of socks and practice jerseys as well. The socks need you to use garters so I didn't pick any up.

I was told some people lined up at 3:30am, I won't go that early next year but at least I know it's worth it now.

A couple weeks old, but I went to the flames equipment sale in may. Got there at 7 (opened at 8) and they gave me a wristband, i was number 127 in line. Everyone had to be in order of their wristband number to be let in so once the doors opened it was an efficient process. I got in in about 10 mins. I headed straight to the skates grabbed 3-4 pairs but noticed that more than half the players had different size skates for each foot. (Example 9.5 D left, 9.75 D right). I was able to pick up some of Bourque's apx's, for $350. They had a custom X-60 tongue, custom lining (not sure what type), LS2 blades, and were width C (not available in retail), with risers. By the time I had tried on a few skates most of the good equipment was gone, only a couple size XXL pants, some old jofa shouldys, and only a few lefty sticks, etc. I did pick up a couple pairs of socks at $5 a piece and a flames BBQ set for only $10. Overall a decent sale and next year I will come better prepared to grab as mush as possible at the start and then just put back what doesn't fit.

went to the canucks sale today...... stick and glove prices too high for my liking

used skates $275, saw 0 pairs of apx when i got there (2 hours after opening)

brand new gloves $200, used $125

brand new sticks $210 included some burrows widows, various 11k's, couple of s19's. all used sticks $150 except eq50's were somewhere between $80-90 i forgot. best stick deal i saw were glass one95's brand new for $150. 102 flex backstrom curve

lots and lots of $5 tshirts

used edge socks $15 had home and away colours, maybe 6-7 pairs of each.

didnt bother looking at shoulder/elbow/pants table. there was a total of maybe 5 pairs of each

I agree on the canucks sale, prices were too high and the equipment was beat down. $200 for Burrows warriror gloves with holes. I was hoping for practice jersey's, no luck

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr either the sunday sale was a lot better or i didnt go early enough on saturday

friend came out with a bieksa apx used for $150, and a used hodgson totalone for $90

said there was also sedin totalones for $150

DAMMIT

Hello. I'm new to the forum and have noticed a lot of people are really knowledgeable on here. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Kings equipment sale. I saw in an earlier post that Jake's got some stuff last year. Really looking for a few sticks and some gloves and, maybe, a new pair of skates. Thanks.

I agree on the canucks sale, prices were too high and the equipment was beat down. $200 for Burrows warriror gloves with holes. I was hoping for practice jersey's, no luck

the worst part of the canucks sale was a) the prices b) the products. i mean i got some old taped up 7k elbow pads for 65! even worse were the sticks, people were grabbing RS and bauer TO or apx but they had No clue that they were pro stock an repaints. some of the RS sticks were def se16s . n e ways, huge rip off. why buy a burrows warrior stick or glove for 200 when u can get it in stores for that much with warranty...