Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Equipment sale discussion

Evidently I screwed up while trying to clean up the old topic and it's now gone. My apologies to everyone who has been following it regularly. Please re-post any important info you may recall.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page here:

1. No taking orders from others is permitted

2. No asking others to buy things for you is permitted

3. Price discussions are permitted

4. Pics go in the "show it off" topic

5. DISCUSSION IS FOR SALES THAT HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.

We are working on a way to list the sale dates and times so they can be searched more easily, but for now, use the sticky thread.

Thanks

Chadd

I don't see a "stickied" thread for equipment sales anymore.

I see:

Show it off

your current equipment

Miracle Stone deal

Good deals (locked)

pictures in posts (locked)

did you guys make it invisible by accident?

Got back from the leafs sale, got there at 8:30 and. Was 87 in line. Got in around 11. Nothing special got a wellwood dolomite shaft for $50 and edge socks for $10. Lots of pants and protective that was pretty decent

I was #48 -- and let me just say that giving out numbers and letting people go off for brunch was an incredibly civilised thing to do. Some folks were prepared to be camped out in the rain. They took the first 40 in, then groups of 20 after that; 40 would have been insane down there.

Lowlight: a bunch of idiots who tried to sneak in with my group, which held everybody up while they tracked them down.

Highlight: the best thing about being at the sale was loafing around the Leafs' dressing room. It's a surprisingly small space -- some NHL rooms look absolutely gigantic, and this was much more like a slightly larger, much nicer than normal rink's room.

Dubious moment: getting interviewed and having to explain why a goalie was buying Swedish Jofa 8800's.

They have almost completely done away with pricing based on condition.

What they had appeared to be a conglomeration of stuff from the Leafs and the Marlies, at least in the protective.

The one class of stuff I didn't see that I was really hoping for were auxiliary bits and pieces: slashguards, knee-blocks for pads, and so on. I guess the trainers just hang onto that.

Wen't the the wings sale today(my first going to a sale). Maybe to me it seemed a little expensive so idk, but I didn't buy anything.

New sticks were $185

Used went from $70-$120

God if I was a lefty I would have walked out with a couple.

Skates seemed like they were all $250-$275 I did find a pair of 11k skates that had a price tag of $140 but when I tried to buy they said it was wrong.

There either weren't many gloves or all the season ticket holder bought them so I didn't see any prices for them.

The thing I thought was most expensive were the socks at $40

Again my first sale so maybe it wasn't expensive. Either way I had fun looking.

Hit up the Leafs sale today. I was 26 in line. There were about 200 people in line before they even let people in. As Law Goalie said it was nice that they did the ticket system so people could go off and do stuff.

Prices on gloves and other protective was good. Sticks were expensive as usual (Kessel pro stock going for $225). My brother picked up a Grabovski One95 for $125. I got lucky on my purchase. Despite being in the first 30 in, all of the Warrior gloves that has been put out were snatched up instantly. Last year I got lucky and found a pair lying around so I decided to ask if it was possible that there were more in the back, there was, so I scored a pair of Versteeg Franchises.

It was just neat to be in the room, as a die hard Leafs fan it was a little surreal.

I think I got really lucky with the Leafs sale. I'm usually the early riser, first in line but I went down at 12:30 and got in right away. The guy came right up to me and said the x60s and se16s were 50$ so I lucked out for sure! Brand new twigs grabbed a bunch.

The guy in the Leafs room who's there every year helping people is a great guy as well!

I was at the wings sale yesterday, and I thought it was much better then last year. I was one of the lucky few to grab a new pair of reebok gloves. Also picked up a bertuzzi used stick for my collection. I was tempted to grab a pair of pant lowers but I already have way to many pairs of pants. I agree that the used socks for $40 was ridiculous though. It was nice meeting the wings equipment manager.

Hit up the Leafs sale today. I was 26 in line. There were about 200 people in line before they even let people in. As Law Goalie said it was nice that they did the ticket system so people could go off and do stuff.

Prices on gloves and other protective was good. Sticks were expensive as usual (Kessel pro stock going for $225). My brother picked up a Grabovski One95 for $125. I got lucky on my purchase. Despite being in the first 30 in, all of the Warrior gloves that has been put out were snatched up instantly. Last year I got lucky and found a pair lying around so I decided to ask if it was possible that there were more in the back, there was, so I scored a pair of Versteeg Franchises.

It was just neat to be in the room, as a die hard Leafs fan it was a little surreal.

How much did you pay for the Versteeg Franchises?

Wen't the the wings sale today(my first going to a sale). Maybe to me it seemed a little expensive so idk, but I didn't buy anything.

New sticks were $185

Used went from $70-$120

God if I was a lefty I would have walked out with a couple.

Skates seemed like they were all $250-$275 I did find a pair of 11k skates that had a price tag of $140 but when I tried to buy they said it was wrong.

There either weren't many gloves or all the season ticket holder bought them so I didn't see any prices for them.

The thing I thought was most expensive were the socks at $40

Again my first sale so maybe it wasn't expensive. Either way I had fun looking.

It was crazy and yes the season ticket holders went nutz. Zetts pants were $175. My cuz. got a Dats 11k stick for $185. I got a pair of breezers and a visor. for $115.00 both in very good shape. Gloves were $135.00 however the were new. I really thought all would be much lower in price.

How much did you pay for the Versteeg Franchises?

$141 after tax.

Unless the name on the gloves was Kessel, Phaneuf or Schenn (apparently someone managed to get a pair) then I think they were all around $100-$125.

What sale are you going to? If the team doesn't have many RH players I would get that first. Then gloves, than pants. Unless you are looking for a pair of gloves that you know will be limited, then I would try for the gloves first.

new york islander sale is on june 24th... how do the equipment sales work? i never been to one but i got tickets this year to the draft party and they have equipment sales and i need lots of new stuff so whats the best way to maximize my chances of getting the best stuff and most before anyone else?

(^QUOTED FROM PRO EQUIPMENT SALES TIME AND DATE ONLY THREAD^)

As per the Islanders pro shop there won't be any pro stock equipment being sold at the draft party, that will be sold out of the pro shop year round. They said there will be game used jerseys for sale and possibly a minimal amount of sticks there on the 24th.

Anyone know if the STHs get to get into the sharks sale early? I thought they were in the past years.

Yes, tomorrow is the STH sale and its the one I will be attending.

Ok, I have a question: how can they tell if you are a STH, is there a form or something that you bring? Our family company is a season ticket holder so I was planning on trying to go to the STH sale. Did they send you an email or something?