Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markush

Helmet: RBK 11k vs Bauer 9900 vs CCM V10

I am intending to buy a new helmet - see selection.

Would be Great to hear experiences, how they compare / differ etc

I am intending to buy a new helmet - see selection.

Would be Great to hear experiences, how they compare / differ etc

I just bought a V10. Tried on the 9900, 11K, and also the Cascade. From a weight and protection issue, they are very similar. But they fit very different and the V10 fit me the best. Go with what fits you the best.

I'm with raganblink on this one. Get the one that fits you the best. The 11K and CCM V-10 will probably be the lightest of the four however fit is essential and that is what you should base you decision on. All have decent protection.

Thank you for your Input! Should the helmet fit quite close or is there any other advice when finding the right fit?

A few rules of thumb when putting on a helmet:

- No more than 2 finger widths from the eyebrows to the front crown of the helmet (this is the roughest RoT, people's eyebrows/head shapes are different)

- Once on your head make sure the employee helping you has tightened all the clips and such to conform it to your head, moving your head side-to-side and up and down should produce no movement of the helmet

-Make sure the back of your helmet covers enough of your head (again, this is rough due to head shapes)

Bottom line: helmet should fit snug without movement when you move your head.

The 11k/ Reebok helmets in general fit players with a wider head than what you'd get with your Eastons or some Bauers, but don't take that to heart, TRY THEM ON.

Thought that I would revive this topic. I had a 9900 but it got cracked when i got a cuncussion. Does anyone know of a helmet that fits similar to the 9900 but slightly deeper? I tried on the V10 M and L, and 8K L(they were out of M's). Does the M fit with a similar width or length? The depth was good on the Reebok. All my LHS are out of M's :( Any feedback would help. Thanks guys.

Stop asking for advice so you can cheap out $20 and use hockeymonkey. Go to a store where its someones job to insure you have the proper fitting helmet. Ive laughed at people who come in and complain the helmet they bought online doesnt fit..

Once again, all of my LHS are out of Mediums. That also said that they weren't planning on ordering more anytime soon. So, I can't have them insure that I get a proper fitting helmet when they don't have a helmet that is the right size.

Especially for helmets I'd really suggest to try them out before buying. Along with skates there two things you should really try (as they have a major impact on your performance and safety).