Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mike_big_mac

The Perfect Curve

If I could find a Drury/Staal curve with a little less loft and a slight toe added, I'd be a happy camper. Until then, the Drury/Staal has been the best I've tried.

I'm back and forth between the Malkin pro and Kovalchuk pro patterns. I ordered 6 custom makos with the Malkin pro right handed. Very different patterns but u can equally use them both.

Right now I'm using a Gionta and I love it for most things. I'm considering trying the Bauer lie 5 P92. If it was up to me though and I could make my own pattern... I would go for a medium to long blade with a 1/2" mid-toe curve that is slightly open, with the openness starting in the mid-heel area. It would have a round toe and be lie 5 80 flex.

If I could find a Drury/Staal curve with a little less loft and a slight toe added, I'd be a happy camper. Until then, the Drury/Staal has been the best I've tried.

After some research I splurged on a T1 with the Ovechkin P08 (Mid-heel and mid-toe). Then after using it during stick time and two pick ups today, I am in love. I can take slap shots and one-timers off the heel and snap shots off the toe. The lower lie helps when I am in full stride in open ice and the toe helps when I want to shoot in close to my body or far away. I have reached being a happy camper.

I currently have an 11k with the H14 (P42 Duchene/PM9/Modano) curve. I love it. To make it perfect, it would have to have a slightly longer blade and a square toe.

Love my APX2's with the P12. I used to use more of a toe curve when I was younger, but once I tried a flatter curve I loved it. Only complaint I would have is how short the blade itself is.

I guess I got lucky when I started playing. Wood sticks were like $15 bucks a pop, and shafts weren't that expensive either. Started out mostly with Titan sticks and fell in love with the selanne curve from an early age. I can't really remember the names of the curves I used back then, other than maybe a Coffey curve here or there on a Sherwood blade. In the early 2000's I was going back and forth between the tkachuk and messier patterns but was never happy with them. Moved onto the afinagenov pattern a few years back, liked it, then found my way to the sakic/hall pattern. I use the stasny/pp26 Sherwood blade on my old 2 piece sticks as well.

I might try out the e28 pattern soon, just for curiosity sake, but honestly I'm happy with the hall pattern.

I want to try to learn a 3D program so I can "make" curves on my computer and see how they look from different angles. That'd be fun.

Part of me wants to see what a curve would look like that very gradually curves throughout its length starting at the mid-heel yet maintains the same loft throughout the blade. Idea being that it would be an incredibly predictable blade to play with, rather than being kinked or having a large curve in a small area, or lots of loft in one spot but not another. Of course, that being a theory it could be completely worthless in practice.

I thought about this since I'd been playing with a toe curve for a while. When I switched to a more consistent curve I hated it with a passion. Apparently, I automatically use the flatter part of the blade for passing, slippers, and redirections because it's predictable, while using more of the toe when I need to elevate quickly. With the consistent curve I was worse at everything lol.

@noodle, what is p89, I couldn't find it in MS and other catalogs. Thanks!

It's a heel curve with more openess than a pm9 but less curve than a p91a. Maybe someone can post a pic for you

Here is a picture of the P89. I like it because it's more curve than the PM9 but less than a P92.

APXGRIP-4.jpg

TOTALONE-3.jpg

P89 is the Vanek, yea? Know anywhere that I can find some replacement blades with this curve?

P89 is the Vanek, yea? Know anywhere that I can find some replacement blades with this curve?

Bauer P89

Warrior Vanek

Easton Darby

TPS P27

Not sure on the CCM/RBK pattern

It's a common generic pro curve

Here is a picture of the P89. I like it because it's more curve than the PM9 but less than a P92.

APXGRIP-4.jpg

TOTALONE-3.jpg

That's a 6 lie correct? How is the blade length? Any chance you have a P88 or Iginla laying around you could snap a comparison photo next to?

As I said, my perfect curve would be an Iginla in a bauer 6 lie with a little more length...the p88 length would be perfect.

That curve looks pretty darn close to perfect.

Heel to mid heel is the best for me. I love Drury, Kovalev, and Phaneuf patterns. Most pros use a mid heel and most retail blades are not what the pros actually use. I am by no means a pro.

p36A_zpsba433374.jpg

p6_zps2402ea8d.jpgpW5_zps181890f1.jpg

That's a 6 lie correct? How is the blade length? Any chance you have a P88 or Iginla laying around you could snap a comparison photo next to?

As I said, my perfect curve would be an Iginla in a bauer 6 lie with a little more length...the p88 length would be perfect.

That curve looks pretty darn close to perfect.

Sorry, no other curves are allowed in my house. The Iginla and P88 are more mid-curves where as this is a subtle heel-middish curve. It should be around the same length of the P88.

On MyBauer, the P89 is listed as a medium blade length with an slight open face. "Slight wedge curve is optimal for saucer passes and improves overall control."

On MyBauer, the P88 is listed as a medium blade length and slight open face. "Slight open curve makes for easier puck cradling and really hard wrist shots."

My perfect curve... Bauer "Mike Fisher" pro-stock (Kreps curve toned down a tiny hair). Of all the toe curves used in the past, this curve is hands down the best (imo) in terms of my shot accuracy, velocity, passing & control whereas bigger toe curves acceled in one area at the expense of another.

not a great angle, but you get the idea

$(KGrHqV,!qUFGiHseGL1BR3eEuK0qg~~60_57.J