Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sitzlejd

Goon

I saw a test screening of this a few months back. It has some funny moments and is entertaining, but the best parts for me were off the ice. In the version I saw, most of the hockey and fighting were far from realistic...the last scene on the ice is especially ridiculous.

What seemed strange to me was this movie was being screened at TIFF along with The Last Gladiators-a documentary that deals with the difficulties faced by hockey "enforcers". A big incongruous if you ask me. On one hand, hee hee look at the fighers and on the other, man, what a tough go for fighters.

"I'm high on pain killers"? Really? Not a good time for that one liner IMO...

Yeah. Not a good time for that line.

Wonder they didn't try to edit it out in post-op.

Looks like it might be worth checking out. I am also looking forward to Kevin Smith's "Hit Somebody".

From what I've heard/read, they're going to be just about polar opposites. We'll see if that changes with this movie coming out before it.

In the version I saw, most of the hockey and fighting were far from realistic...the last scene on the ice is especially ridiculous.

SO a bit like Slapshot then?

SO a bit like Slapshot then?

I've seen Slapshot, but it's been over a decade since I last saw it so it's tough to make a direct comparison. I don't think there was anything as ridiculous as the last ice scene in Goon, but I suppose there are some similarities.