Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danglerod26

Pros wearing vapor x7.0 skates ?

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I can pick up a pair of brand new (not baked or sharpened) Bauer APX skates for $300. Is it worth it or should I go for the APX2 or 1X or even wait for the new Vapor's next year? I'm definitely a Vapor guy.

1 hour ago, Shogun said:

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I can pick up a pair of brand new (not baked or sharpened) Bauer APX skates for $300. Is it worth it or should I go for the APX2 or 1X or even wait for the new Vapor's next year? I'm definitely a Vapor guy.

You may have better luck finding the APX2 than the original APX. Although, I have searched around for the APX2 online as a replacement for my X:60's but have yet to find them in my size.

45 minutes ago, Bakum said:

You may have better luck finding the APX2 than the original APX. Although, I have searched around for the APX2 online as a replacement for my X:60's but have yet to find them in my size.

APX2 and X60 are a totally different skate.  One is tech mesh and the other is composite. 

Just now, dkmiller3356 said:

APX2 and X60 are a totally different skate.  One is tech mesh and the other is composite. 

I'm talking about the older X:60's(2009 I think they came out). Not the X60's which are newer and considered mid level I believe? Either way my skates are old and I want new ones.

Just now, Bakum said:

I'm talking about the older X:60's(2009 I think they came out). Not the X60's which are newer and considered mid level I believe? Either way my skates are old and I want new ones.

Do you want curve or tech mesh?

7 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Do you want curve or tech mesh?

Honestly, I would probably go for the Curve composite at this point. Usually my skate purchasing targets high end from previous years to save cash but still have a very good and durable skate. I got the x:60's in summer of 2011 for $399 and they have a lot of miles on them now.

I figured the APX was top end that replaced the old X: then the APX2 etc. Which is why I was looking to get something like either the X100 or APX2 at this point for a decent price range.

1 minute ago, Bakum said:

Honestly, I would probably go for the Curve composite at this point. Usually my skate purchasing targets high end from previous years to save cash but still have a very good and durable skate. I got the x:60's in summer of 2011 for $399 and they have a lot of miles on them now.

I figured the APX was top end that replaced the old X: then the APX2 etc. Which is why I was looking to get something like either the X100 or APX2 at this point for a decent price range.

good choices if you can find.  There are decent 1X prices on EBay from Slavitch.  He is in Belarus but reliable.

Just now, dkmiller3356 said:

good choices if you can find.  There are decent 1X prices on EBay from Slavitch.  He is in Belarus but reliable.

Hmm. Thanks for the info. There was a shop in Canada I found that has the x100 LE in my size(10D) but it's Canada only. Plus he's still asking $530 for them.

1 minute ago, Bakum said:

Hmm. Thanks for the info. There was a shop in Canada I found that has the x100 LE in my size(10D) but it's Canada only. Plus he's still asking $530 for them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-Bauer-Vapor-1X-LE-and-1X-SE-Ice-Hockey-Skates-Non-Pro-Stock-Return/122078891669?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38701%26meid%3D90004e871aca43ffb54d7c20032ac42b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D18%26sd%3D112097088824

Not your size but if you message him I think he can get them.  Great price.

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎25 at 10:52 AM, Bakum said:

I saw a brand new pair of APX on a site here in Canada for $300. I think I'm just going to wait for the new Vapor's next spring.