Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doublemajor

Old School gear on EBAY

I had to wear one of those Koho helmets during my freshman year of HS. It was mandatory. It was the most uncomfortable piece of equipment that I have ever used. We looked awful that year... those buckets plus long pants.

Haha I use the Bauer Classics which are really just a step from all those on the shoulder and bicep protection. If I see someone wind up... I jump out of the way.

A buddy of mine that played on our beer league team about 7 years ago - was rockin' a set of the ones like in the first pic.

Also - I had a set of the "Cooperall" long pants way back in the houseleague days in the early '80s! Plus, I think I had a pair of Lange skates - had the molded plastic outer, with the felt (I think) liner that pulled out. In fact those were quite a common skate from what I remember!

Haha I use the Bauer Classics which are really just a step from all those on the shoulder and bicep protection. If I see someone wind up... I jump out of the way.

haha i use the same shoulder pads, but with the shoulder caps and arm extensions removed...so basically it's just a light chest protector. love it as an alternative to no shoulder pads, but there's basically nothing there

This is like changing in a locker room with a bunch of old men hockey players. They are all still wearing the gear in this thread. On a side note, the Koho helmet listed above is known as the "child molester" helmet around the rinks I play at. It is always worn by a guy with a creepy mustache, 1987 glasses, and really tight sweatpants.

My 60+ year old dad still rocks his shoulder pads he's had since the early 70's. Separated his shoulder a few months ago and still won't let me buy him a new pair. I sent him a new helmet a few weeks ago that I used only a couple of times... I called him up and asked how it fit, he let me know it was a bit tight so he took an exacto and cut out a bit from the backside of the foam. He's too stubborn to listen to reason.

This is like changing in a locker room with a bunch of old men hockey players. They are all still wearing the gear in this thread. On a side note, the Koho helmet listed above is known as the "child molester" helmet around the rinks I play at. It is always worn by a guy with a creepy mustache, 1987 glasses, and really tight sweatpants.

HAHAHAHA are you from NJ? i think i've seen that guy! my iteration of "that guy" flails his wooden stick wildly and unsafely, takes slapshots off the faceoff, shoots head-hunters from the point, and is a general nuisance.

Not that old school, but I started using a Titan blade this evening. So weird, massive curve and real tight feeling - like mega snappy. Not sure how to describe it?!

Man I miss Titan sticks - imagine if they were still around, they would have rocked the composite market!

TPM 2020 White shaft with Red Titan lettering is a classic stick. The stock retail Gretzky curve(black rubber stamp Gretzky name on shaft adds to the simple true design) with the big width blade featuring a well rounded toe is 80s personified. I remember selling them in my old shop at the "expensive" top end price of $20!! Of course, I remember buying different model sticks for the shop at less than $100 wholesale for a dozen. Titan sticks were extremely well made.

Hey Sav I still use a Titan blade its Selanne curve. I have them in three of my shafts. I love that curve going to send it into get some custom blades make soon but going with Christian so trying to keep it old school.

I was going to bit on a set of black cooperalls w/ girdle just the other day, but forgot before it ended. I thought it would have been fun to have for a pond hockey tourney. They sold for more than I would have bid for a "just for fun" item.

I know one guy that still wears cooperalls.

The oldest guy on my beer league team a few years ago wore a Spalding helmet. It had the 'hat size' printed on the back of the helmet. The team's goalie wore all 70's gear, separate arm and chest protector, waffle blocker, the fibreglass 70's mask, etc. The ref's wouldn't let him wear the mask without the backplate, but let him wear the ones he had with the backplate. The only really 'oldschool' stuff I wear is the old Jofa 390 helmet both as a player and in goal, and a straight goal stick.

The guy with the spalding helmet is wearing the 'A', I'm with the yellow socks, and I'm sure you can figure out which one the goalie is.

2070219920102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

Had the old Lange skates and straight sticks as a young kid in the mid to late 70's.

2198368770102258651S425x425Q85.jpg