Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kirkomlett1

New York Rangers 2011/2012 discussion.

So with CC and DZ out this will be the a tough test for this team.

And regarding the discussion about where Kreider will fit in (if he ever signs), I'd take Mitchell over Tank anyday.

You might not notice him on the highlights but this Mitchell guy is really good. He should be staying for a while.

I'd probably agree, but Tort's loves Fedetenko and is big on veterans, especially at this stage of the game. I don't think he'd veer from that train of thought, especially if he's adding another rookie forward to begin with.

Good point, although I really don't see what it is that Torts loves about him now, basically all he's done this season is score two goals in a game back in Nov/Dec. Well maybe that changes in the playoffs.

He is responsible in his own end, always works hard and plays tough and can eat up minutes. All of that pretty much describes Mitchell too, but I guess the fact tha Feds has been there before sort of nudges him over. Overall though, I hate his man love over him. Forts loves bumping him up in lines and using him in situations when we are looking for a goal and it never works. I know he's just trying to do something different but bleh.

They came through today. DZ looked sharp on the rush that led to Stepan's GWG

And funny the debate about Feds...he scored today. Torts did a ton of line switching today. Was surprised to see Gaborik with Richards since the GAS line has been hot lately (again).

Torts did a ton of line switching today.

The sun comes up, the sun goes down and in between Torts changes lines.

Truest story ever told.

Pretty sure those things happen less then Torts juggles lines.

So with John Scott...no one wants to fight him. I'm trying to figure out what his purpose will be in the playoffs b/c it looks like he has the speed of the average beer leaguer.

Torts talking about whining, pot meet kettle. LOL. In the referrees ears all game long, every game, the incredulous look on his face every time the Rangers get a pentalty (theres a reason the camera pans to him all the time) whined about the league having the fix in for the Classic, the media and their questions, etc. etc. My goodness. That interview seems so forced and fake. Made for the tv, radio, and papers, like alot of his media scrums. Rangers had 6 PP to 1 for the Pens and got beat and hes mad. Its gamesmanship for the playoffs. Happens every April.

Torts talking about whining, pot meet kettle. LOL. In the referrees ears all game long, every game, the incredulous look on his face every time the Rangers get a pentalty (theres a reason the camera pans to him all the time) whined about the league having the fix in for the Classic, the media and their questions, etc. etc. My goodness. That interview seems so forced and fake. Made for the tv, radio, and papers, like alot of his media scrums. Rangers had 6 PP to 1 for the Pens and got beat and hes mad. Its gamesmanship for the playoffs. Happens every April.

Yes, he is constantly bitching at the refs, and it does get on their nerves. Most of the ones I know, do not like him. The fact that he always runs his mouth publicly really hurts him too. It makes people less willing to listen when he does have a valid reason for complaining. As for the PP disparity, it was earned and deserved. The Pens will benefit greatly from the lack of calls in the playoffs.

Tortorella fined $20K for comments after the Pens game. He needs to listen to his own advice to other coaches and shut the hell up!

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=626336

I wasn't off by that much.

Torts should've kept his mouth shut but the funny thing is, he's 100% right. Last season after the Islanders debacle, Mario pulled some passive aggressive crap that was taken as a threat to sell the team — that came off as a "whine" — "a passive aggressive whine" but a whine nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm sick of hearing about this crap with the Penguins. Heres to hoping tonight's crappy defensive play against the Caps doesn't carry over into the playoffs...