Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Flash

Stick Glue/Glue Sticks

So..... I know Easton has and sells a glue for sticks that , funny enough comes in little sticks. I also assume this mix of glue is specific for hockey and its environment.

Now can anybody tell me what other glue sticks there are out there? Hopefully this will become the official glue stick/stick glue thread. BTW, couldnt find anything in the search. Any info would be appreciated.

So..... I know Easton has and sells a glue for sticks that , funny enough comes in little sticks. I also assume this mix of glue is specific for hockey and its environment.

Now can anybody tell me what other glue sticks there are out there? Hopefully this will become the official glue stick/stick glue thread. BTW, couldnt find anything in the search. Any info would be appreciated.

You know what they say about assuming..

actually, all it is is pure and simple Hot Glue that you can find in any walmart or craft store.

I have found that the Easton glue sticks melt a little faster than some of the glue from the craft stores, but that might just be the craft glue I have. Another brand might be the same. In either case, not really worth the cost since you can get a lifetime supply from the craft store for the same price.

If you buy craft store glue, don't buy the thick (50 cent piece in diameter) sticks, get the really long thin (less than a dime in diameter) sticks. They heat more quickly and you waste less when you get to the point where it's burning your fingers to heat the glue.

I've adapted a technique that I've seen used at a couple different pro shops:

I had an extra wood plug that I set the glue stick on and melted it onto the end of the plug (I used the thick glue stick.) That way my fingers are spared and it gives me and opposite edge to clean off the excess glue that comes out after installing the blade or plug.

Bringing back to life this thread here. I'm wondering if there is/are a certain brand(s) that work better than others? If I can just get normal store hot glue that would be nice so I don't have to pay extra for "hockey" glue.

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Bringing back to life this thread here. I'm wondering if there is/are a certain brand(s) that work better than others? If I can just get normal store hot glue that would be nice so I don't have to pay extra for "hockey" glue.

It's sooo worth the money especially if you can find the right/left hand specific hockey glue.