Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton E700 Helmet Teardown

As you all most likely know, Easton's E700 helmet will hit stores on Dec 1 in three initial colors; white, black and matte black. Easton was gracious enough to send MSH a couple of helmets and so naturally, the first thing I did was to tear it apart so that people understand the differences.

e7001.jpg

e700.jpg

That is the helmet, with all of the padding stripped.

e7005.jpg

The pads are velcro'd on, and are machine-washable and replaceable. Easton will sell that and the adjustment system separately.

So, gone is the baseball-hat style adjustment system, and is replaced by a Giro system which anchors in three spots on the helmet and can be moved in or out to accommodate sizing within the range. The back adjustment slides up and down as well.

e7002.jpg

e7004.jpg

e7003.jpg

Pretty neat system. It is fitting better than the S19 as well as a bit wider.

Word to the wise; do not use any solvents (including alcohol) on the matte shell. It will discolor the helmet.

Also; for those who wear facial protection; the helmet is definitely fitting better in that aspect. It was a bit difficult to mount visors on the S19; it took me less than a minute to mount an Oakley visor without any stress on the visor.

Questions?

Pretty neat system. It is fitting better than the S19 as well as a bit wider.

Very nice!

As someone who has suffered from concussions AND gets headaches from my current M11 - I am really looking forward to trying this helmet on in 3 weeks.

Certainly helps that Easton helmets always look great and the matte black is something that has intrigued me for a while. Crossing my fingers it fits!

Better yet; if you are playing multiple games, you can swap out a couple of sets so that your helmet is always dry.

Thanks JR! Looking awesome...

How much wider does it fit? Will S19 users be in the same size?

I am in the same size, but now I don't have to shoehorn the helmet on like I did with the S19.

How big or small do they run compared to say CCM V08?

Any word on price?

Better material to stop concussions?

I am a medium in the v08and can go small or medium in the easton. I strongly suggest trying them on.

Any word on when other colours will be released? And will they be available in matte? Helmet looks great by the way. Was impressed by the S19, but just wasn't the best fit for me. Maybe something will finally tear me away from my V10...

Wider than the S19, how about depth though? My 5500 is a decent fit, at the time 6 years ago it was one of the larger volume helmets I tried on.

Glad to hear it's easier to mount a visor, that's one thing that turned me away from even looking at Easton helmets in the past. Looking to go to a visor probably later this year or next, so that's a positive.

What is the removable padding thickness like compared to the S19 padding?

I always found that EPP was good with big impacts but lacked the little-knocks absorption that the vinyl nitrile padding did.

1 - please do not change your text font. There's absolutely zero reason why your posting must be different than everyone else's.

2 - they're just comfort pads, not gel.

Looks very nice, as a current S19 (2 of them) I don't think I will need to upgrade anytime soon. That being said I like the tweaks and removable pads/Giro system. Hopefully this helmet will be better received in terms of fit vs. the S19 and others will be able to use high-end Easton helmets, The biggest pro to the S19 IMO is the weight.

I wonder how the new micro-adjustment system will help with fit and how it will be received. Still kind of skeptical on the one-piece shell though, in terms of fit versatility.

JR, when you say that they are a bit wider than the S19, do you mean something greater in the Reebok range, or just something a little bit noticeable?

1 - please do not change your text font. There's absolutely zero reason why your posting must be different than everyone else's.

2 - they're just comfort pads, not gel.

Sorry, I did not realize the font was changed. my mistake.

The helmet looks good and feels better than the S19. S19 dug into the back of my neck. Only thing i didnt like about the RS was the possibility of the side tabs digging into my head from a side impact. Helmet is amazingly light. Matte option is awesome.

Is the EPP easily removable? Once in a while I like to remove the EPP on my Mission Intake to rinse and air out behind it, and to make sure that the screw slots in the outer shell are not broken.